Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Know where to get carpet kits?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 True2Blue

True2Blue

SU<3ARU

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Belfair WA

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

i need new carpet in my 88 gl... black or dark grey. google isnt bringing up anything:confused:

oh and i wanted to get my seats recoverd... anyone know of a shop that does that??

#2 mountaingoatgruff

mountaingoatgruff

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Turlock, Ca

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

subaru didn't use "molded" carpet so there's no molded kits available for gl's. i just looked cuz i'm replacing the carpet in my 84 hatch.

i ended up buying 4 yards of bulk from auto carpet direct online. i had a good experience with them and the carpet i got (plain cutpile in navy blue) looks to be higher quality than subaru's oem stuff from 84.

their website is automotivecarpet.com in case you decide to go that way and wanna check them out.

as far as the seats... i'm replacing my fronts. i called around to auto upholstery shops and they're ridiculously expensive out here, especially if you need foam repair. replacing can be much cheaper and if you wanna take the time/effort to make something else fit you can upgrade your seats, too.

i haven't decided what to do about my back seat, but i'll probably eventually have it recovered to match my fronts after i actually install them months from now.

#3 True2Blue

True2Blue

SU<3ARU

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Belfair WA

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Yea I need different front seats cause my subaru is so fast that when I corner I slide out of the seat. :lol: plus the racing seat look cooler

#4 crockettbrat

crockettbrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Crockett

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

JC whitney lists them, but they suck. I bought one for the brat from them and it doesn't fit quite right and no carpet for behind the seats was included. Good luck.

Daniel

#5 r_kirky

r_kirky

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:30 AM

Legacy seats are real nice and cheap

#6 rothell

rothell

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Clemson S.C.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

[URL="http://www.all-car-carpets.com.au/"]

This is all that I could find. Cool thing is they have molded carpet and vinyl, soundproofing, waterproof underlaymant, and lots more.

#7 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,135 posts
  • WA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

4yr old thread and the outfit is in Oz :-\

#8 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

L series moulded carpet

Yes in Oz, but they ship world wide...

Cheers

Bennie

#9 subiemogger

subiemogger

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • oregon city

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

I plan on tearing it all out and just going with the molded rubber stuff. wheelin in the hills and through creeks can ruin carpet in no time at all.....just a thought,but if you undercoat the whole inside and go with mats, clean up is EZ.

#10 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,939 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I have a grey STD hatch floor rubber setup in a box that I am not going to use now. No reasonable offer refused, needs a little cleaning work if I remember but it should clean up real neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users