Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone Know where to get carpet kits?

subaru didn't use "molded" carpet so there's no molded kits available for gl's. i just looked cuz i'm replacing the carpet in my 84 hatch.

i ended up buying 4 yards of bulk from auto carpet direct online. i had a good experience with them and the carpet i got (plain cutpile in navy blue) looks to be higher quality than subaru's oem stuff from 84.

their website is automotivecarpet.com in case you decide to go that way and wanna check them out.

as far as the seats... i'm replacing my fronts. i called around to auto upholstery shops and they're ridiculously expensive out here, especially if you need foam repair. replacing can be much cheaper and if you wanna take the time/effort to make something else fit you can upgrade your seats, too.

i haven't decided what to do about my back seat, but i'll probably eventually have it recovered to match my fronts after i actually install them months from now.

• 4 years later...