Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P1121 neutral position switch and a new car alarm

Just left the stereo with my new car alarm installed on my 2000 Outback Ltd, AT. I noticed a CEL as I pulled away and went to the store to check it out.

P1121

After figuring out that that means something is up with the neutral position switch, what could have happened while the installer was working on the car?

Further issues that may trigger something...

I talked to the installer who said they need to unplug something that can trigger the code. I went to the auto parts store and cleared the memory. The CEL is back on an hour later and I have not had a chance to check the code again, but I will.

The other new piece of info is that, while cruising along down the freeway, I turned on the cruise control which promptly locked the doors. When I turned off the cruise control, the doors promtly unlocked. This is repeatable at any speed as long as the car is not in park.

Any thoughts on what happened?

Am I stuck with power cruise locks?

• 7 years later...

What ever became of this?

My 99 forester with AT tranie is code 1121. Car is running fine but cel keeps comming on. Ive cleaned all switches, checked wiring, tested continuity etc.

Please help I'm desperate!