Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Coupes Journey!! Is Over..He is in CT!!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Has officially begun!! Just checked the sight and LB is in Oregon now!:banana:

Lucky car..gets to take the scenic route on top of a carrier.

#2 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

WOOOOHHHOOOOOOO. Awesome. Cant wait to see it at Carlisle (praying that it will be ready for you).

#3 backwoodsboy

backwoodsboy

vintagesubaruparts

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • upstate NY, in the woods

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

You can always trailer it to Carlisle. :grin: :brow:

#4 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Steve..The car is a runner ..thats for sure...If worse comes to worse I will toss my aftermarket temp guag on it..and guesstimate the gas miles..until I get a new digi dash for it

#5 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,508 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

That's so awesome you're FINALLY getting a West coast car. I can't wait to see some more detailed pics of this thing. :popcorn:

#6 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

Looks like its going to be traveling along I84 ..so if anyone spots a DAS truck with Cosmic Blue GL-10 on it..thats my LB ..and he better be on the top shelf

#7 fshnidiot

fshnidiot

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Marysville

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

Shoulda installed a sattelite feed dash cam so we all could follow along!!!!!!!:popcorn: :headbang: Frank

#8 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Shoulda installed a sattelite feed dash cam so we all could follow along!!!!!!!:popcorn: :headbang: Frank

Ha That would be way cool!!

#9 Durania

Durania

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

I was hoping it would come through here but that would be too far south. Would be a once in a lifetime sight.

#10 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,913 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

Glad to hear He's on his way! the pics are a must Haha!

Hope LB gets there soon :grin:

#11 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,990 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

Could you convert the dash to regular style just curious. Ive got a question for ya connie. If those vehicles ride on top of those car carriers they look like there straped down pretty tight because the suspensions are bottomed out. Do you know what they do.

Ben

#12 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,913 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

Ive got a question for ya connie. If those vehicles ride on top of those car carriers they look like there straped down pretty tight because the suspensions are bottomed out. Do you know what they do.

Ben

I know I'm not Connie Lol, But from what I've seen when my parents 99' Blazer's been flat beded. They take the straps and put them on something Such as the frame (On a full frame vehicle) and tight'n it down. I don't know what they do to Uni frame vehicles.. Never seen one flat beded, Nor have I ever seen a Subaru on a flat bed or being towed at all. :)

#13 thecarman

thecarman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Apex, NC

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

I know I'm not Connie Lol, But from what I've seen when my parents 99' Blazer's been flat beded. They take the straps and put them on something Such as the frame (On a full frame vehicle) and tight'n it down. I don't know what they do to Uni frame vehicles.. Never seen one flat beded, Nor have I ever seen a Subaru on a flat bed or being towed at all. :)

I stuck my hooks in the factory installed "loops" at all four corners of my 89 GL-10 wagon to tie it to my flat bed trailer. I have hook "clusters" with several different hooks on them. Then I attach my chains or straps to the cluster. That's what most dedicated (full-size semi) car carriers use also, except they have their hook clusters permanently mounted on the end of chains. And the chains go around ratchets built into the carrier, which they use a 2-foot bar to tighten.

Some veicles have slots in the frame (or uni-body frame rails) that carriers hook into, but I'm not sure if Subs have these, and I'd rather use the loops than the slotsanyway. Using the slots, it's ofen a lot harder to reach them, and a lot of times the hole gets distorted from you pulling on it.

I have towed A LOT of cars. Most import cars have better tie down points like this than American cars. I always heard (may not be true) that this was because of the need to tie imports down better on their journey from overseas. Or maybe it's just better planning on the part of the imports. :) Imports seem to have at least one good hook point front and another rear. And if you're lucky there is one at all 4 corners.

#14 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Its now in Boise Idaho.Looks like its going I84 to I 80..then probably pick back up I 84 in PA

#15 Durania

Durania

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Connie, you got the link to how you are tracking it? I would like to track it with you.

#16 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Connie, you got the link to how you are tracking it? I would like to track it with you.

Kyle.. I will PM you the infor..you need my auth number:)

#17 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

Salt Lake City Utah!!!!:banana:

#18 subaru_noob

subaru_noob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Caldwell, ID

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Its now in Boise Idaho.Looks like its going I84 to I 80..then probably pick back up I 84 in PA

well if i had gone back home yesterday i might have seen it. aren't they taking the long way?

#19 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,166 posts
  • WA

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

They might be dropping/picking up other cars on the way.

#20 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,990 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

are they going through iowa cuz if they do ill look for it and snap u a picture from the highway. you said i 80 and that runs through my neck of the woods

Ben

#21 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Ben ..It sure looks like they are going rt 80 .. The tracking though doesnt seem to be as "live" as they say..it seems to be when they reach a check point that it changes:-\

#22 cobcob

cobcob

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

Ben ..It sure looks like they are going rt 80 .. The tracking though doesnt seem to be as "live" as they say..it seems to be when they reach a check point that it changes:-\

Word on the street from a great friend of mine who drives 18wheelers is that the car haulers drive solo so he'll have to stop every 10 hours for a break. Also he's of the opinion that they'll come I80 across.

#23 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

York Nebraska!!!!!!!:banana::banana: Half way here!!!

#24 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,155 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

Word on the street from a great friend of mine who drives 18wheelers is that the car haulers drive solo so he'll have to stop every 10 hours for a break. Also he's of the opinion that they'll come I80 across.

Actually if he is solo he can work a 14 hour day, 11 of which can be spent driving. The rest can be spent admiring the Subaru :grin: Or loading / unloading other lesser vehicles from the truck at waypoints. After the workday a 10 hour break must be taken.

#25 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,990 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Actually if he is solo he can work a 14 hour day, 11 of which can be spent driving. The rest can be spent admiring the Subaru :grin: Or loading / unloading other lesser vehicles from the truck at waypoints. After the workday a 10 hour break must be taken.

If hes in iowa tomorrow let me know and i will camp out to wait for that truck to roll through town.

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users