Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift Kits?

cacustom

I havent had any issues with my garden edging flares staying on and its scraped lots of trees and banks. Its all in how you install them (flat washers and screwed to wheel well flanges).

Mark, those wheels look great on the lifted wagon.

Edited by Turbone

Thanks for the Comments,Guys.

I used Flexy Flare for the wheel moldings. This is the first time I have used it. It came out Ok,but it's expensive for what you end up with ($70). I read about garden edging and Jetta flares and other options. Next time,I'll use something else. Something less expensive.

Sorry Kanurys, I didn't measure the clearance under the diff and, I can't measeure right now as I'm at work for a couple more weeks. But, the tires are Wal-Terrains.

Uniroyal Liberators 225/70R14. About 26.5" according to Miata.

Thanks man. No worries about the measurement. I was just curious. I think most people hit up the Miata site for size (1st useful google link). I'm installing 29's under the 4", so there will be a little more modification/cutting. I also picked up a set of AA 15's for cheap from a forum guy - It's great when you meet new people and they know your friends (local)! I might put 27's on those for a little more torque, but an inch less lift than the 29's. Oh the options...:slobber:

I'll try to remember to post pics here after it's all done... Thanks for the pics of the shift linkage, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new to the site and I just put a 2 inch lift on my 92 loyale exactly like Markus' lift with the 2 inch square tubing at a 15 degree angle. I need help trying to find some bigger wheels. I really like the look of yours. What are they if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for 15's but I'd settle for 14's if it came down to it. I'm just sick of looking for 4 bolt 15's that fit. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the Comments,Guys.

I used Flexy Flare for the wheel moldings. This is the first time I have used it. It came out Ok,but it's expensive for what you end up with ($70). I read about garden edging and Jetta flares and other options. Next time,I'll use something else. Something less expensive.

Sorry Kanurys, I didn't measure the clearance under the diff and, I can't measeure right now as I'm at work for a couple more weeks. But, the tires are Wal-Terrains.

Uniroyal Liberators 225/70R14. About 26.5" according to Miata.