Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brushguard Question

e3mt

Post 85 EA81's should all have plastic bumpers, regardless of 2WD or 4WD. STD Hatchbacks on the otherhand might not.

Also, depends on which brushguard. if its a full size brushguard like mine, it will mount to any subaru... ive even test fitted it to the EA82 line. If its a A style pushbar, then it becomes complicated since there are 2 types of pushbars.

Best way to find out, is to try.

-Brian

Got a picture of it?

The A pushbuar looks like an A. Just covers the grill, and is just a pushbar per-say. It doesnt protect your lights. Like what i have on my Brat

The full size brush guard is the type that i have on my lifted Wagon. It is a full size brush guard that protects the headlights and the grill.

Regardless, they should all fit no matter what the bumper is. The long style A pushbar is harder to fit to Subaru's with the plastic front bumpers, but can still be done.

-Brian

Not being a coni-sewer (check that spelling!) of brushguards, I have to say it looks most like the middle pic of the 83 brochure.

Has some rust, but should clean up alright.

The yard is in VA, but I will be pressed for time and will have to ship from TN.

Yard is wanting $85, but I think that's a shade high. What do guards go for?

mt

OK , looks like I've got a gen2 A long style. It is a bit modded becouse I had lights in the front bumber and had to move the middle bar up, and I also had lights mounted in the lower corners of the fenders( like the new Outbacks) so I made some bars that run under the bottom of the fenders to keep them from getting crushed. Off course after I swaped in the EA82T I lowered the car and put on an XT bumber.:rolleyes: