Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know, the OP was using an Impreza. I'm not against the Baja or any OBW towing a teardrop or conventional hardshell, just an Imp! Even the Impreza OBS didn't have quite the tow package as the full Outback wagon. Heck, I've been in Outbacks aplenty pulling stuff around horse/dog shows as a 'hold'em there, please' while someone moved campsites.

I get the impression some may think I'm anti-tow. I actually like pop-ups. I'd like to get Dragon one. I'll just have to get a light one! Back a few posts someone mentioned they had an 800#er. That's more my style than a 1450-empty one.

I'd just hate to see the OP wear out his shiny Imp with a too-heavy load.

I understand your point, f-f-f, and can appreciate it. But look at it from this angle:

Same turbo 2.5 in his Imp/WRX as a Legacy/OB/Baja,

Same 4EAT or 5MT in his as a Leg/OB/Baja,

Same axles (diffs) in his as a Leg/OB/Baja,

all adds up to much better durability in his car than a Leg/OB/Baja because his car's lighter and rated to tow ~1,000 lbs less.

I understand your point, f-f-f, and can appreciate it. But look at it from this angle:

Same turbo 2.5 in his Imp/WRX as a Legacy/OB/Baja,

Same 4EAT or 5MT in his as a Leg/OB/Baja,

Same axles (diffs) in his as a Leg/OB/Baja,

all adds up to much better durability in his car than a Leg/OB/Baja because his car's lighter and rated to tow ~1,000 lbs less.

I'm not sure of the comparison with a Impreza WRX, but the OBW and Baja's do have the heavier suspensions in the rear - even over the regular Legacy's