Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm changing my tranny fluid.

Uh, just to put my mind at ease . . . when you say "tranny fluid" you do mean gear oil, right?!!

Haynes states 3.7 qts of API GL-5 SAE 80W-90 (although I used Red Line 75W-90ns and love the results.)

Just put three-and-a-half quarts in, let it settle, then keep checking level with the dipstick as you top it up.

Uh, just to put my mind at ease . . . when you say "tranny fluid" you do mean gear oil, right?!!

Haynes states 3.7 qts of API GL-5 SAE 80W-90 (although I used Red Line 75W-90ns and love the results.)

Just put three-and-a-half quarts in, let it settle, then keep checking level with the dipstick as you top it up.

Correct, I do mean gear oil. Sorry I've never owned an auto so tend not to make the distinction in my vernacular.

Yeah, I've been doing the add and check thing, I just wanted to speed things up a bit since the gear oil is so thick and I don't know if the marks are a full quart or less then that.

Thanks

Will-