Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1991 Subaru Xt6 Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Razor

Razor

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Liberty , Mo , USA

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Hello My names Tony and i am 19 ... i have a 1991 Subaru Xt-6
5-speed and it is a very nice car! however i have a wiring issue and wounder if you knew were the wiring runs from the front computer for the engine to the back computer ( in the trunk) would you happen to know this? the car is not running very good right now and i think there is a corroded wire to blame. if you know were the wiring is ran please e-mail me @ Tonyeweil@yahoo.com and use ATTN: SUBARU XT-6 OR Call Me at 8163722692 Please leave a voice mail and i will call back soon. THANKS!!! , Tony

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIX THIS CAR UP FAST!!!

THANKS!!

:confused:

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,122 posts
  • WA

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

Hey Tony, welcome to the USMB. Just to let you know, your XT6 is considered Old Gen. There are folks here that can help you, but a better site to get complete info about your car would be subaruxt.com.

#3 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,040 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

The wires you are looking for run under the passenger side carpet.

Here is a thread http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=85721 I wrote a summary of some common issues (2 members have reported this EXCACT problem) related to the wires under the carpet. And to a lesser extent it applies to any of the crimp splices in the factory harness.

There is a link in my summary that is one of the old threads with pictures of the wiring.

Of course you could have used the search tool.

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • WV

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

hey tony. the subaruxt forum is a good one for any xt6 related issues.

some details would help us help you. is the check engine light on, did you read the codes, what's the car doing, how long has it been doing this, does it start, does it run, does it do it all the time, or just sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users