Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who Did This?

i just wanted to know how he built his engine and how long it held 15lbs. prolly like a day haha :grin:

15 pounds is pushing the envelope but I ran 12-13 pounds in my old turbo wagon for 4 years with no problems. Ran 15 pounds for a few days but the engine pinged under load and I could tell by the deposits on the spark plugs the tops of the pistons were melting.

On my XT the wastegate seized. So I was getting boost relative to RPM. If I got to 6000 rpms, It would blow the intake plenum and every air hose off the top of the motor and it even broke my hood. I had a 20psi boost gauge and I went off the scale. Most of the time it would just get way too lean and cut out though. Anyway, the car had wicked pickup and it would hang with my friends camaro untill the fuel got too lean.

He says THIS at the website, which I found humorous, and TRUE:

The installation of a non Subaru engine into a Subaru body is considered blasphemy and will be dealt with by immediate excommunication from the Church.'

Sounds like something Mr. 73 would say.