Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reiter May 11th

Rooinater

Nothing big, nothing major planned. Dad and i were going to drive out to reiter to walk the outlet mall trail. Other than that any wheeling to be done will be limited to the upper powerlines and logging roads. I'll be taking the stock zuk. If time and conditions permit, we might go explore the roads after index, where they soon will become wild sky wilderness... :(

Trip Plans:

run the logging roads upper and lower pit areas (they are rough and not really suitable for a stock car but can be done...)

walk the outlet mall trail, or parts of it since the trail isn't condusive to walking... but we'd like to get a grasp of what we are planning on getting into this fall.

play around on the upper power lines and offshoots for awhile.

not really planning on running the hobbit trail (tree trail) or any trail over easy, do to the fact i'm bringing my daily driver, we'll be there more for recon and the drive.

Time: TBD

Day: Sunday May 11th

Meet: Mcdonald's after sultan

Purpose: recon and exploration

suggested items,

hiking boots if you are walking the outlet mall.

lunch

sense of adventure

required,

tow strap

spare parts

tools

to give an idea of the trail that we are just looking at here's some shots. by no means are we planning to do anything above an easy trail on may 11th!!!just checking a hard one out on foot.

HPIM1214.jpg

the hike is less than a 1/4 mile and no one has to hike it, we can meet anybody back down at the main pit or power lines. Mainly checking out the gate keepers and the first couple obstacles on either side to see if i'll even attempt it in the yota before the 4 link or even after the 4link. I understand the weekends thing, mine have been filled with wrenching on the yota and family events recently. in the next few weeks I need to put the roo together. more parts for the yota are being ordered on monday...

I have serious cabin fever and need to get into the mountains!

• 2 weeks later...

it was a good day of light wheeling, and reiter was pretty empty by 1pm on sunday. the outlet mall trail is insane, and in the middle of no where! i don't think i'll give it a try till the toyota becomes a formula toy... it wasn't even condusive to walking... we only walked a very short section because of that. the zuk needs a lift, well maybe i should just finish the toyota... we also checked out the mine shaft on the way up to the outlet mall. we didn't go into it, water was running through it and it did not look safe at all.