Ultimate Subaru Message Board

washington state ORV trail closures

well i've seemed to have exhausted my options on finding wether lake isabelle is open or not. everyone i know does not know for sure... the last person i talked to that ran it was in mid to early summer. so that's not any help. some of them have heard rummers but don't know. i guess when i go snow boarding with brian, we'll have to swing buy and see how closed she is.

as for the highrider trail in the sultan basin area. is closed! supposedly you can still run it if you know how to get to the rear gate. run it in reverse and come back to the gate to exit.

Shaw Lake Trail. is not for sure and only rummers if closed or not. i'll keep you updated if i find out more.

Walker Valley. they are now in a closed to motorized vehicle status. from November 1st to March 31st every year. not supposed to, but if you want in go to the lower jeep trail on the backside. and you can get in there. can't get around the gate at the main entrance though.

Olympia State Forest. is in seasonal closures. i'll find out the dates.

Jared, I just emailed you an update on the Miller River Trail (since you have it listed on the Stomper trail page.)

Basically what I said about it is that the Forest Service lists it as closed and there's a major tank trap at the trailhead so the trail hasn't been getting used. But technically it might be still open and last Sept I made it around the gate but found the trail to be serious so parked it and walked. In a nutshell, it's a cool trail and 2/3 of it is easy. The other 1/3 is good for testing Subarubicon rigs. Hope we can do it next June or July when the snow melts.

Thanks for the info!! i haven't heard anything about that trail for awhile. so i wasn't sure.

definately when i get home. i'm gonna start learning how to lobby these organizations for trail reopening. cause i think that sucks they are closing all the hardcore trails here in washington!!

There's three (or more) areas near Black Diamond that have fun trails to play on. Good for a half day or so of fun. I wouldn't mind going down there again if any of yous are interested.

A couple years ago I found some trails and stuff out east of Duval off the Stossle Creek road. No telling what it's like these days but might be fun to explore.

4wheel and off road mag. usually lists contact info for ohv clubs and ativist groups that try to keep trais open.

Unfortunately trail use is usually spoiled by the few indivduals who just cannot keep to established trails and like to go trail blazing. then the forrest service or environmental group sees the damage and lobbys to get access shut down for everyone.

Im sorry Rooinator if you consider this a hijacking I just feel that we need to make a positive differance as a group. It just might keep trail acess open for all to enjoy.

and Qman I dont mean to disrespect you but your signature does not exactly promote resposible trail use. mabey I misunderstand what you mean.

I have been guilty of going off trail my self years ago when I was a younger less educated wheeler. so now I feel its my responsiblity to try and set a good example to my fellow of road friends.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

i know all the tread lightly stuff. i usually do stay on the trail unless there's a reason. it's not really hijacking the post you are stating truthful information. i was just relaying all the info i've gathered on what trails are closed. and anything else i was told. the lower jeep trail at walker is not really part of walker. it is but it's not within the boundry of the park. so it's not usually closed. or it least it used to not be in the boundry, unless they changed it.

I'm not trying to advocate going and making your own trails. but these are awesome trails! the reason why highrider was closed from what i understand. is that it's near spada lake. the huge natuaral watershed for snohomish county. "to help prevent terrorist attacks" that's bs to close a trail. now lake isabele is a maybe cause there is a creek crossing that 2 months out of the year salmon supposedly run it. but no one can confirm wether it's closed. as of sept. it was open. it might just be closed sometimes, or seasonal. who knows but i'll find out.

ken's signature i'm sure doesn't mean go make all of your own trails. it means more or less to take the less beaten path, the harder way through. that would be my guess