Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2.5i Limited or SE?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wasatch

Wasatch

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Searched the forum for an answer to my question, but didn't find one.

I'm looking to buy my first Subaru (2006 Legacy Sedan 2.5i). The seller is advertising it as a Limited, and when I run the NADA by VIN as well as run a CARFAX report, they both come back saying it's a limited. However, it has cloth seats.

Is it possible to have a limited without leather seats? If not, I'm confused why the VIN comes back as a limited if it is in fact an SE. I'd like to get this figured out, since there's a difference of about $1,000 between the SE and the Limited that I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,568 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

www.cars101.com will have info.

nipper

#3 Wasatch

Wasatch

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

www.cars101.com will have info.

nipper

Perfect. Found just what I needed. Thanks.

#4 Oregon_Legacy

Oregon_Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

whichever you are planning to get, you will like it.

#5 keltik

keltik

Clearly an idiot

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

whichever you are planning to get, you will like it.

Or Else!....

But seriously - yes ive seen some strange combos as at the time of sale of a new car - theres often the option of adding extras or swapping bits around.

#6 subaruplatt

subaruplatt

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Toronto

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Searched the forum for an answer to my question, but didn't find one.

I'm looking to buy my first Subaru (2006 Legacy Sedan 2.5i). The seller is advertising it as a Limited, and when I run the NADA by VIN as well as run a CARFAX report, they both come back saying it's a limited. However, it has cloth seats.

Is it possible to have a limited without leather seats? If not, I'm confused why the VIN comes back as a limited if it is in fact an SE. I'd like to get this figured out, since there's a difference of about $1,000 between the SE and the Limited that I'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Both have cloth seats the better one has the integrated headrest,and a better grade of cloth.
The LE also has automatic temp, ipod jack Auto dimming, maybe homelink. Better Jazzed up stereo oh and fog lights and I forgot 7 spoke wheels, are included.
Both have identical power trains bodies etc.
In canada at the time. the upgrade cost $1500 list retail.
Very nice car!
I have the base level 06 wagon Auto.
These are decent cars, top in their class!

I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users