Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nor*Cal WCSS Attendance.

yeah I get to check the internet once a week nowadays. I want to make it this year, but I still don't know how I'm going to get there. I just started my new job 2 months back and don't know if I can get the time off to drive up this year. We'll see though. August might be a slow time for the lawn business, so I may be able to get a few days off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jibs This is Jerry, just like Brian said it will not be the same if your are not there. Besides you will want to see my new old hatchbrat i have a 96 impreza 2.2 with a 4 barrel on it wow a lot more horse power. See you at the show:burnout: Thanks Jerry

im in. with extra days too. i was thinking of going up to canadia.:grin:

but im in.

-Dalton

Do you have a passport? If not you better apply for one now so you can get it in time.

Crazy to see you the other day Dalton. Who knew I would run into you at my ghetto apartment complex. LOL Brat looks good!

Cause this thread is for people FROM nor*cal who are going to attend the show.

I am planning on leaving Thursday night and ariving at the show Friday night. Leave the show on Sunday afternoon and be home by Wednesday.

Plenty to see on the way home. Im going to put together a "scenic route" here soon and was wondering who else was interested in tagging along.

Sucks you wont be able to go.

-Brian

Cool. Should give us plenty of time to get back, i dont think it will take us 3 days to get home but is nice to have that buffer incase something happens.

Im going to work on a route soon. Plan is to just take 101 down from Oregon and cut over highway 20 to I5 and back to Sac.

-Brian

Cool. Should give us plenty of time to get back, i dont think it will take us 3 days to get home but is nice to have that buffer incase something happens.

Im going to work on a route soon. Plan is to just take 101 down from Oregon and cut over highway 20 to I5 and back to Sac.

-Brian

Yeah, I've already picked up maps and books that key in on campgrounds (prices, facilities, etc) and hotels for both states.

• 2 weeks later...
NEW JOB?!?!?!? AWESOME DUDE!

If gas prices keep up the way they are... i may have to cancel too :(

Yes its a horrible job, but it's money. I have to drive to McCarran Nevada everyday which is a 45 mile round trip. So I'm looking at about $40 a week just in gas.. Argh!

Sooo WCSS in gas would cost about $210 round trip taking the interstate. Screw that!:-\

I'm in the market for a motorcycle. Anyone have one for sale? I found an older Honda 450 Silverwing. It needs to be fixed up but I read it can get 50+ MPG!

• 1 month later...

Ok, a little change in plans. Looks like I will be able to go this year. I just sent in my WCSS registration. I have 4 days off Firday-Monday. So I might caravan with the group up to the show and leave Sunday afternoon and bomb home. So whats the plan for us Nor-Nev Nor-Cal guys?

All Right Jeremy!!

Don't know if this'll fit into your plan, but here is mine(ours):

Leave Carson or Reno ~5AM Thursday, overnight in or near Bend. Friday take the scenic (read COOLER) route OR rt.22 through Detroit Lake, to Salem, maybe meet up with TSJ and JB, continue to WCSS.

No word on Dalton's plan.

Glad to hear you'll be there:) .