Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Stereo and speakers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

There has been some talk about haveing dificulty putting in bigger speakers in the doors of ea82s but i made a discovery. I picked up a set of 4 aftermarket subaru speakers for a subaru wrx for 20 bucks. size 6 and half. After having some dificulty putting them in gate i thought id atleast pull the door pannel off of the front to get ready to rewire. When low and behold i look and see that the factory wire that came with the 2003 subaru matched the one on my 88 subaru. I didnt need to rewire afterall i just hooked up the new wire to the old slip on the door. Then i dismounted the old 61/2 speaker from the mount and mounted the new one on. With a little trimming on the plastic in the door it fit perfectly. Stock mount and no one knows its there. I can always take it apart and take pictures of you folks would like to see. Now granted these arent super power speakers but there a excelent upgrade if youve got junk stock ones and believe me mine were junk.

Ben

#2 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,611 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

Great Job!

I Mounted 6½" Speakers in the Front Doors of Both my Wagons, but Not in the Door... I Mounted `em in the Door`s Panel.

Posted Image

#3 Virrdog

Virrdog

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • NE Ohio

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

6.5" fit just fine into the front doors of an EA82 wagon. I don't think I even did any cutting. They fit behind the stock cloth grill. I just had to drill new mounting holes. I did this for some old-school Infinity Kappa's with giant silk-dome tweeters.

#4 EA82touring

EA82touring

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Tasmania

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

There has been some talk about haveing dificulty putting in bigger speakers in the doors of ea82s but i made a discovery. I picked up a set of 4 aftermarket subaru speakers for a subaru wrx for 20 bucks. size 6 and half. After having some dificulty putting them in gate i thought id atleast pull the door pannel off of the front to get ready to rewire. When low and behold i look and see that the factory wire that came with the 2003 subaru matched the one on my 88 subaru. I didnt need to rewire afterall i just hooked up the new wire to the old slip on the door. Then i dismounted the old 61/2 speaker from the mount and mounted the new one on. With a little trimming on the plastic in the door it fit perfectly. Stock mount and no one knows its there. I can always take it apart and take pictures of you folks would like to see. Now granted these arent super power speakers but there a excelent upgrade if youve got junk stock ones and believe me mine were junk.

Ben

Looking to upgrade my tape deck in my 89 ea82 wagon to a standard pioneer cd player but it is too big for the hole left by the tape deck.....suggestions?

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

theres an aftermarket kit you can pick up for these that will cover the area. Try Crutchfield.

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users