Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are front brake pads interchangeable between single and dual pison calipers?

I am searching for replacement front brake pads for my 93 Legacy, and want to know if pads listed for dual piston calipers will fit on a single piston caliper. I ask because there are dual piston ceramic pads displayed for a Legacy L on rockauto.com even though the post below says they are mainly on turbos. Since they are almost the same price as semi-metallic single piston pads it would be great if they are interchangeable!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76707

If you go down to the bottom of that post, it shows the d-plate numbers for 1-pots and 2-pots depending on year. They are not the same. No Legacy L had 2-pots until like 2000.

however, I think I read somewhere that a guy had put a 1-pot caliper on a 2-pot bracket. So maybe they'll fit, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure you can get Hawk HPS or EBC yellowstuff for a 93 legacy, which are both good. I ditched my stock brakes awhile ago.

I have a '91 Turbo, and I can attest to the fact that it does not use/require the "normal" pads, I always have to order, and wait about 10 days to get them, while the "normal" pads are a stocking shelf item.