Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new bike

well... it's a downgrade from the VStar 1100 custom i sold when i got out of the marine corp... but i just got my old 1972 Honda CB350 back from my grandpa. the bike has never been out of the family, and i think my dad was the first to go over 5k and 7k miles and i brought it to about 9700 miles while i was in highschool. it used to get between 55 to 70 mpg depending on how hard you drove it. i really missed riding and gas is killing me while i'm going to school. not to mention it hasn't been driven since i went into the marine corp... so i called my grandpa to see if i could use it again. so, now to empty the gas, retrue the spokes, and run some cleaner through the carbs... hopefully she'll fire up and drive like the old champ she always was!

i'll post pics when i get it out of the truck.

i will, i always ride like everyone is out to kill me. anytime i go north i'll just take the ferry... that way i will ride mainly on the peninsula, where there is less population.

the crossover fuel line was rotted with age from sitting. replaced all the fuel lines and filters along with the spark plugs. it's already got a brand new batt. tomorrow i'll change the oil and clean the oil filter screen. then see how well she runs. oh yeah, we also bled the front brake that was low on fluid...

I recently resurrected a '72 CB450. While no speed demon, it is rather satisfying to ride around and go exploring on. Top speed seems to be around 95mph, but she's much more comfortable cruising at around 60.

And now, a bad photo.

motorcycles001.jpg

i got here running... i just need to run a lot of gas and cleaner through her... dead and flat when it hits a little grade. but that's what happens when it's been sitting so long... crap gets gummed up... i'll save the bad photo till it gets a bath. even though it's fairly pristine condition. i'll be mainly using it for commuting and maybe some slow explorations. it's faster than my Daily Driver suzuki samurai... :lol: school is canceled for educational planning day... so i'll be out riding to un-gum-up the carbs...