Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any non lifted ej22 swapped guys out there

what are you getting for gas mileage?

now after doing my third ej harness, these things are getting easier and easier, and now i got this feeling i have to go back to old school. i miss it to much. I was always scared to try and tackle the wiring, but now i feel pretty confident about it.

so now i might be on the search for a gl wagon again. :grin:

I have an EJ18 running 215/60/16 which is the stock forester size.

I am getting about 22-23 mpg. I guess if I were to run the stock tires I would about 25+ mpg.

About to get me EJ22t RX up and running soon. Will let your know how that works out.

Bw

I have an EJ18 running 215/60/16 which is the stock forester size.

I am getting about 22-23 mpg. I guess if I were to run the stock tires I would about 25+ mpg.

About to get me EJ22t RX up and running soon. Will let your know how that works out.

Bw

the last harness i just tore down was a ej22t, was no harder then the normal one. i think there was only three more plugs you had to keep.

i figure you have to get better mileage then with the ea82 or 81. the motor just wouldn't be working as hard.

and i really miss all my ea82s. sold off my last one and have been missing it ever since.

well, I deliver pizzas in my car. so 400 miles or so a week, all at under 40mph, in town, lots of stopping and going, up and down the hills here in Duluth. and, the car is so damn fun, it tends to spend quite a bit of time at WOT.....but I usually get low 20s. with the short EA82t gearing (RX trans), I get the best mileage at 55-60. took our String Quartet up the north shore for a gig, about a 2 hour drive one way, all at 60mph. and got about 30mpg!