Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting info that I learned today

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Oregon_Legacy

Oregon_Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

As I was at my local recycling center, people were talking about Subies when I was unloading my recyclables from my Legacy. They said that in terms of per capita and population, Subarus are the most popular cars in Southern Oregon and Boulder, Colorado. I believed that it was the entire Pacific Northwest and Colorado that are the most popular areas for Subies in terms of numbers. I wonder if anyone else's regions are as infested with "Subaru virus?"

#2 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

i know here in N.H.(mostly western/nothern parts) you can't go a mile without passing several..

can't remember where,but i did read somewhere that subarus were the ultimate new england car..

#3 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,358 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Here in Indianapolis, they are popular. Prolly, because they are manufactured upstate in Lafayette, IN. Driving around locally, I always see 2 or 3 on the road on any local trip, plus there are several in my housing development. There are two dealers here in Indy, that do a good job of selling Subies.

#4 EYE_WHY

EYE_WHY

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Bangor

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

ya, wicked popular in the northeast too. I think they kinda take the place of the soccer mom van.

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,322 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

Soobs rule here in Alaska also.

#6 OB99W

OB99W

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,315 posts
  • Ithaca

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

ya, wicked popular in the northeast too.[...]

They seem to have "infested" the Ithaca, NY area, seemingly replacing Volvo in popularity.

#7 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

i see a fair number around my way....theres also a fair number of dealerships doing some pretty good business (despite gas prices)....

#8 forester2002s

forester2002s

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • Vancouver Canada

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

I was vacationing in Tasmania recently, and I was impressed at the number of Subarus there.

My (very unscientific) survey suggested that about 1 in 10 cars were Subarus.

#9 EvilDead

EvilDead

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Up on Cripple Creek

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

I seriously can't go a day without seeing almost ten rolling around. You would have to hide under a rock to not see one in Colorado, we all love our Subaru's!

#10 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

Not that many here...However, I saw a ton between Banner Elk and Boone, North Carolina. They seem to very popular there.

#11 humanistic

humanistic

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Charlottesville

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

There are tons of them here in Crozet. They seem to have replaced the XC70s and Tahoes as the vehicle of choice.

#12 kamrows

kamrows

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Very popular in New Mexico. In fact, when I bought my last one (1990 Legacy) the dealer told me they were the 10th largest dealer in the US. You can't go anywhere in New Mexico without seeing them..

#13 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

around here they are starting to pick up on numbers. I remember growing up in iowa never seeing subies. Then moved to Colorado, they were all over, and that is where i bought my first subie, and second subie. Then came back to iowa, and have bought a few more.

But, take for example, a search on Craigslist. go to Denver craigs, and search Subaru, you get tons and tons of hits, same for seattle, portland, etc. but then do a search here in Iowa, and you might get 3 or 4 subies in like 2 months.
its the same for getting parts at the junkyards here. They might not have any. And you need the part real bad, so to all the members here who have shipped parts off to us here in the midwest, thanks, you got us the part the only way possible. Big thanks.

#14 montana105

montana105

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Billings

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

They are a very popular and practical car up here in NW Montana,sorry to say we only have one sub dealer and it's not very good in my opinion

#15 subaru360

subaru360

has no catchy title

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Fleetwood, PA

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Subies are fairly popular here in PA. We go to Maine a lot and it seems like 1 of every 10 cars are subies, very popular there. We've bought a few off craigslist in Maine cheap and brought them back home.

#16 Oregon_Legacy

Oregon_Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

To give you an idea on how infested Boulder and Denver is, you can sit at a coffee shop for 60 minutes and probably see 45 go by. That is the same as here in Southern Oregon.

#17 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,847 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

There's two of them in my driveway.:cool:

#18 jon38iowa

jon38iowa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Ankeny

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:55 PM

I saw a ton of Subarus' when I visited Salt Lake City. It was kinda fun to spot so many different styles.
John

#19 screwbaru2

screwbaru2

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • hope valley

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

Here in RI the only places you don't see a lot of soobs is in the used car section. I see dozens on the road every morning on my way home.

#20 keltik

keltik

Clearly an idiot

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

I see HEAPS of them around these parts down here in Whakatane. They suit the rural lifestyle. Stood outside work a short while ago i counted 18 Subarus out of 30 cars parked on our end of the street.

#21 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

The Forester is real popular here in Philadelphia.

~Howard
:grin:

#22 nkx

nkx

Rallycross Junkie

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • Carlisle, PA

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

isnt vermont the unofficial subaru capital of the world?

#23 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:41 PM

my cousin brought her legacy down to louisiana when her husband was transfered there ( army ) she said it was a PITA to find a dealer to take it to :lol:

#24 Oregon_Legacy

Oregon_Legacy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Southern Oregon

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

Interesting.....I did not know that there is an unofficial Subie capital.

#25 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,847 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

my cousin brought her legacy down to louisiana when her husband was transfered there ( army ) she said it was a PITA to find a dealer to take it to :lol:

Interesting. Where is Louisiana?:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users