Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interesting info that I learned today

As I was at my local recycling center, people were talking about Subies when I was unloading my recyclables from my Legacy. They said that in terms of per capita and population, Subarus are the most popular cars in Southern Oregon and Boulder, Colorado. I believed that it was the entire Pacific Northwest and Colorado that are the most popular areas for Subies in terms of numbers. I wonder if anyone else's regions are as infested with "Subaru virus?"

Here in Indianapolis, they are popular. Prolly, because they are manufactured upstate in Lafayette, IN. Driving around locally, I always see 2 or 3 on the road on any local trip, plus there are several in my housing development. There are two dealers here in Indy, that do a good job of selling Subies.

around here they are starting to pick up on numbers. I remember growing up in iowa never seeing subies. Then moved to Colorado, they were all over, and that is where i bought my first subie, and second subie. Then came back to iowa, and have bought a few more.

But, take for example, a search on Craigslist. go to Denver craigs, and search Subaru, you get tons and tons of hits, same for seattle, portland, etc. but then do a search here in Iowa, and you might get 3 or 4 subies in like 2 months.

its the same for getting parts at the junkyards here. They might not have any. And you need the part real bad, so to all the members here who have shipped parts off to us here in the midwest, thanks, you got us the part the only way possible. Big thanks.