Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Wife needs a new car advice needed
Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:15 AM
Kevern has a new one listed on autotrader for $23k (which is a GREAT deal as it is a $27k car). These are the options
1. Keep the POS Jetta (it gets the $500 it needs for inspection done tomorrow).
2. Buy the 03 GT with leather and side airbags
3. Buy an older GT w/o leather or side airbags (which after seeing the last forester test I really would prefer side bags)
4. Wait until the 04s come out and hope that the Legacy has them standard or as an option by then (price would probably end up being close to sticker as it would probably need to be special ordered if they don't go with it as standard equipment.
5. Get rid of the POS Jetta and let her drive the XT6?
Thanks for everyone's thoughts.
Guest_1 Lucky Texan_*
Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:18 PM
]1 Lucky Texan
Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:25 PM
Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:07 PM
Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:07 PM
Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:10 AM
Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:36 AM
If you can wait until that comes out in mid/late 04, I'd go that route.
Posted 08 July 2003 - 07:42 AM
Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:41 AM
The 2005 model year legacy will be the new body style, and will probably be available mid to late 2004.
I would assume subaru to release the specs some time in 2004.
Posted 08 July 2003 - 09:13 AM
Or get a forester. Comming from a Jetta she won't notice that its smaller than the legacy.
Posted 08 July 2003 - 10:00 AM
Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:19 PM
Sorry to interfere here but, did you see my post in the marketplace about my run to Harry's? Is your friend still looking for a hatch for a 3-door?
Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:20 PM
It's one of the best handling stock cars I've ever driven that wasn't a coupe.
Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:28 AM
I've driven the GT, STi, WRX, Legacy, SE, Baja, Forester and now the Forester Turbo. Except when pushed the Forester handles nicely but as for accident avoidence and high speed cornering the GT wins hands down between the two. Plus its perfectly weighted! The Forester has a real light rear end! Gets twitchy just like my SVX.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users