Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Alliance meet?

Erik, when are going to have another meet?

Here recently we have met a number of people, I think we should should start organizing an event. I am sure we can clear out the Carbola and start getting stuff ready!

I need to see if we can get permission to go offroading somewhere! That will be my task!

If we did have an event, we should shoot for late spring! I guess it doesn't matter. Just drop me a line telling me what you think.

And yes, I think I can get Vic to cook this time!...now that he has food on hand with his restaurant and all! That would be pimp!

Start getting busy and get this taken care of!

Josh!

i discussed this with tom, as he suggested late spring early summer.

TROGDOR will want to come, now that his ride is better, couldnt make it last year due to a need of work soob

you know youalready have the "superficial permission" for the pit in st joe. just get it set in stone

and the carbola is a good place for a meet. lets have a swap meet the first half of the day, for people going back home. and go baja'n later for those who stay the night, and camp out in the pit

should you get final permission, suppose we should give a heads up to the Sheriff, so they dont come uninvited, for the wrong reasons. But if they do show, we know they dont stand a chance!!

there should be more interest for the 2nd annual meet this time

Originally posted by MilesFox

i discussed this with tom, as he suggested late spring early summer.

I agree!

Hey Jim, Zanny sold his ride to Ro-a, so he has to acquire a Subaru before the met or he is not invited.....j/k Zanny!

Definately need to drop a line to the fuzz, don't want to have to pull them out of anything incase they get stuck!

Josh!

I'll be there, and I'll try and get Jeremy and James to go. Jeremy's girl will probably go too as she'll probably have a Sube by then.

Not sure if I could do the off road stuff... my wagon might be down for the count then. Turbo XT will be running strong tho.

Funny how now that I'm about to fix my turbo XT, now the wagon is taking a dook.

Jim! bring your spfi 5spd dual range. As we might do some baja'n

its a good candidate for off roading, better choice than your nicest soobs.

that whay you can bring or take back parts. camp out in the woods if we plan to do that.

i still got a manifold for you. we may be planning a trip to columbus fro an ej22. in a big red van...

for the serious mindes we need to agree on an Official Date. Josh, the date will be all on you, with the building and all....

as far as off roading, there is a public access to park, go for a ride with thosw wheeling.

the terrain is not difficult in most areas, if u dont want to dent, scratch ur ride, stay out of the woods. but there is plenty of open field with a lap around it for rally type driving

if permission is guaranteed, i will draw up a map of the course, and establish Right-of Ways for areas through the trails and around the field.

lets plan early so we have a good turnout, serious organization.

Hey now, you know I'm down. My RX has taken a dook and is out of commision for about a week or two. Spun a rod bearing. Will have my carb.ed block with turbo top-end installed by then. That car will be phat after that. the bottom end torque of a carbureated motor, with the follow-through of a turbo. That, plus the bid wheels will make for some good baja'n. Must fix radiator, so it will hold pressure.

But I am definately down for the baja'n, the meet, and hearin about other mods. It's all godd and if Victor cooks it will be "Some mighty fine pickin' and a diggin!" Some good eatin.

yeah. my radiator doesn't leak but it has a crack where you put the top hoes on. It's plastic right there and has a crack in it. it used to leak but I put two clamps on it. That fixed the leak but now when it warms up it will steam through the crack and leaks pressure causeing the temperature to rise to uncomfortabley warm. I am deffinately interested in a radiator. want to sell or trade let me know. I have already done the t-stat swap, now I just need a radiator to hold some pressure.

Ok, i discussed the baja'n with josh, he said permission can be for sure, but some of the field we will have to stay out of. the best time would be a year when the field is not planted. they had beans lat year, corn this year, i think an unplanted year is due in crop rotation. more details on that as it comes

but the field issue is only going to be 25-30% of the available land to baja

so now i call those who are interested, those who would make the trip, to pwtition for a date, so that we all can agree and plan our schedule around it. its good to agree on a date so soon in the new year, that way we all can schedule

i had in mind between labor day and july 4th. please post ideas for dates.

we can use the carbola as the staging area. Everyone can meet up there. Maybe we can get some more t-shirts yosh, and fox can maybe judge or host a best pipes comp., roughest soob, most modified, etc. That will be some fun. we can get together with those interested and par-take in an "annual subaru rev-ving!" Comprende? Essay? yeah. Bring some cameras for pics and what-not to be posted on the board after the meet has taken place.

Yeah dude, we need to straight throw a party, maybe wonder to the local bar, pick a fight...whoa, getting carried away! But we could throw down a mean party though! Maybe we could invite the Captain! :fox: Rrrrrrrr!

It looks as if we might have to initiate some members though!

I'm down!

Josh!

yosh! just make sure you can schedule the office or the building once the date has been agreed on.

and i suggest that if we camp put in the woods, we should arrange with the sheriff so they dont assume we are trespassing

but everyone keep in mind that if there are crops planted, that will have to keep us to the woods and the pit, still some good baja'n there, too.

Dont tell Officers of the law, then its pointless, then it sounds like we are going to party out and therefore noone is leaving? thats how it sounds to me, but that might be right? anyways i got DEEBO DRIVER on 03 legacy, Its PIMP.......anyways can i drive on the way to INDY?