Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mazda Wheels, Now What?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

So i picked up these mazda b2000 wheels with tires for 50 bucks which isnt bad. But im looking at the depth of these things. About 6 inches and im thinkin there going to stick out. The guy said they sat on his truck fine but im having a hard time not seeing them stick out on my 88 dl wagon. These dont look like factory truck wheels they are more like these

http://www.uswheel.c...cfm?category=65

14 x 6

Also the only way i guess to really be sure is to throw them on right. Well easier said than done. Either i drill out the wheel and possibly destroy getting my money back. Or takeing the time to disasemble my car and drill out those holes to see if that works. Putting my car out of comission

Any Advise.

Ben

#2 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

If you have a spare hub knock two studs out and mount up just for a look. I dont see why you couldn't put it on the ground so long as you don't drive it. I don't think the hubs would be very expensive at PAP.

#3 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

in the midwest subies are a rairty in the junkyard. Is there a way i could knock out 2 studswith the hub still on the car then put them back in after ive checked it.

Ben

#4 Reveeen

Reveeen

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Eastern Canada

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Is there a way i could knock out 2 studswith the hub still on the car then put them back in after ive checked it.

Sure, but CAREFULLY.

Looking at the wheels you linked to the offset is 0, making the hub sit exactly in the center of the wheel tire combo, so taking a tape measure (divide the overall width by half), and measure out from the face of the hub this distance, and sighting down your fender you can get pretty close to the amount the tire is going to hang out.

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

Is there a way i could knock out 2 studswith the hub still on the car then put them back in after ive checked it.

Sure, but CAREFULLY.

Looking at the wheels you linked to the offset is 0, making the hub sit exactly in the center of the wheel tire combo, so taking a tape measure (divide the overall width by half), and measure out from the face of the hub this distance, and sighting down your fender you can get pretty close to the amount the tire is going to hang out.

How do i remove the hub then how do i remove the studs.

Ben

#6 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

what's the backspacing measurement. (distance from rear lug mount surface to back edge of rim...

I have 3 different suby pattern 14x6 wheels we can compare the measurements to. then testfit on yours

for reference:

Posted Image

#7 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:23 AM

I have a feeling this isnt going to be good.

4" flat backspaceing.

#8 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

So I calculated the offset of the rim roughly and they are about 26mm offset. I used to run 25mm on my EA81 and they are perfect. 23mm stuck out a little. EA 13"x5.5" wheels are around 58mm I think. So I'd say your fine. They will work good.

Just because a wheel works on one car doesn't mean it will on all. Different brands, ages, models etc use different fender overlap. Some 4x4's even have factory flairing and use less offset or even negative offset rims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users