Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 4lug To ?6lug Suggestions

BLUE84GLWAGON

I`ve Got A 84 Gl Wagon Factory Wheels I Live In Texas And 13in Tires Are Scarce, I Want To Lift It 2or 3 In But I Dont Want Small Tires Even If Avail. I Dont Know Alot About 6lug Conv. But I`m Open For All Advice. Just Now Had Time And Computer To Get Back Here From 2 0r 3 Yrs Ago.

Thanks You`ll Are The Best

Thanks For The Info Which Do You Recommend?and Can You Find Hubs Already Drilled Out On Here?what Wheels 14in Are The Best,toyota,nissan,is Any Six Lug Set Right On The Hubs?
I drilled my hubs for six lugs, my nissan wheels were made in such a way they could not be adapted to four lug. Replacing a wheel in the future will be easier to, replacing a hub will be a hassle though. As far as finding hubs drilled for six lugs, drill yours, get a machine shop to do it, or I believe SJR does that service (contact Scott for details). Which wheels will fit, (not Dakota) anything that has the right back spacing, width, diameter with six lugs (not Dakota).

hope this helps del

I drilled my hubs for six lugs, my nissan wheels were made in such a way they could not be adapted to four lug. Replacing a wheel in the future will be easier to, replacing a hub will be a hassle though. As far as finding hubs drilled for six lugs, drill yours, get a machine shop to do it, or I believe SJR does that service (contact Scott for details). Which wheels will fit, (not Dakota) anything that has the right back spacing, width, diameter with six lugs (not Dakota).

hope this helps del

THANKS MAN,SO YOU USED NISSAN?TOYOTA WILL WORK TOO PROB. AND CHEVY 6LUG GOT IT THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR DANNY

I would drill the hubs lots of wheel options plus it looks cool heavy duty.

HOW MUCH WOULD SOME ALREADY DRILLED GO FOR? OR A SET OF HUBS THAT I COULD HAVE DONE AND KEEP MY ORIGINALS.WE DON`T HAVE MANY SUBARU PARTS LAYING AROUND HERE ANYMORE THEY`RE CRUSHING EVERYTHING GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

DANNY

HOW MUCH WOULD SOME ALREADY DRILLED GO FOR? OR A SET OF HUBS THAT I COULD HAVE DONE AND KEEP MY ORIGINALS.WE DON`T HAVE MANY SUBARU PARTS LAYING AROUND HERE ANYMORE THEY`RE CRUSHING EVERYTHING GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

DANNY

Stop yelling.:)

HOW MUCH WOULD SOME ALREADY DRILLED GO FOR?

you can post on the Subaru Stuff Wanted page asking for some...

GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I agree that turning off caps lock would be a good suggestion...

otherwise, yeah, converting the hubs to 6-lug is better, because you get more wheel options... if you want to drill extra holes in a 6-lug wheel it has to have a flat lug area, which means no cool alloys...

--Spiffy

Which wheels will fit, (not Dakota) anything that has the right back spacing, width, diameter with six lugs (not Dakota).

So obviously the width and diameter are up to what you're set up will be, what is the most desirable back spacing? I would like to do this conversion but want to keep the wheels/tires as narrow as possible, any suggestions?

So obviously the width and diameter are up to what you're set up will be, what is the most desirable back spacing? I would like to do this conversion but want to keep the wheels/tires as narrow as possible, any suggestions?
I used stock (ugly) wheels from a nissan

Photo15.jpg

They are 14" with 195/75r14 tyres. I never measured how wide or how much back spacing there was, but they are narrow and I do not need fender flares, so I am happy. I believe the wheels are from an eighties era pick-up. Note; I do have a two inch lift.

del