Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Some pics of the hatch. 56k go get another... Coke.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

So I planned to start tearing down the interior today, but it was too cold. Instead I decided to attack the center console and get it ready to accept the new head unit. I will paint it to match the blue interior when it warms up. Anyway, here are a couple of pics just to show the space a slanted console can create behind it.

Attached Files

#52 the sucker king

the sucker king

great fisherman

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Lyons, Colorado

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Hey yeti stop! I have a blue slant console I will trade you for the grey, as long as your grey one is solid.  I am going to Denver tomorrow. PM me if you want to do it. I don't have an ashtray either, would be a fair swap.

#53 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Sent you a PM.

#54 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

The head unit is in and the Kicker speakers sound great! I was also able to pretty much match the interior illumination color.

Pretty cool :)

Attached Files

#55 the sucker king

the sucker king

great fisherman

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Lyons, Colorado

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

nice!

#56 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I got bored and decided to install the old storage pocket from the old radio console. I also picked up a cell phone holder. I can't stand the windshield mounts. This one connects to the front seat bracket bolt.

Attached Files

#57 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

I found a pair of nice 02-03 WRX seats for the hatch which is exciting.  Figuring out how to install them both will be another matter.

#58 the sucker king

the sucker king

great fisherman

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • Lyons, Colorado

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

#59 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

yeti i just put xt 6 seats in my hatch. We used the gen 2 sliders rather than modify the mounting points on the car body, It came out okay, there is a little play (diagonal wiggle) in the seats which I don't like, If I was in a hard impact I imagine the seat it more likely to detach from the floor. You could check my set up out and improve on it.

I really can't wait to see your hatch!

I may end up taking mine to Greg at SloDrive.  He made some brakets for a friend's GL coupe using Miata seats.  They mount up to the stock locations and it looks great.

#60 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Claybar and a wax over the weekend. Just tossing these in here:

Attached Files

Edited by TheYeti, 05 May 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#61 methusalah

methusalah

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

Wow..it is very nice...I have one in white and don't think I'll ever part with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users