Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4lug to 5lug

berge06

Hi

I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread.

I've been reading alot and I just whant to knowif I got it right.

I can do a 4lug to 5lug swap with impreza parts, without using anything from an XT6.

The reason for me asking this is that we don't have any xt6's in norway, and I really whant to build my self either a brat or old ea82 car with compleate ej style running gear.

An other sad thing is that we don't have a lot of turbo subarus because for tax reasons. So I gguess there will be some diy to make it fast.

Sorry for the long post.

Berge06

Hi

I can do a 4lug to 5lug swap with impreza parts, without using anything from an XT6.

The reason for me asking this is that we don't have any xt6's in norway, and I really whant to build my self either a brat or old ea82 car with compleate ej style running gear.

An other sad thing is that we don't have a lot of turbo subarus because for tax reasons. So I gguess there will be some diy to make it fast.

Sorry for the long post.

Berge06

Front is easy to do. Take a look at poormanimpreza's thread about the ball joint spacer and stuff that he is working on.

Rear is possible, but really difficult. mixthetoo tried to put a complete impreza drivetrain into a BRAT, but I am not sure where he is at in the project. The 5 lug impreza rear suspension is completely different than a EA set up. If you are really itching to do this one possible way is to make adapters to convert the 4X140 to 5X100.

BW

Hi

Sorry for the long post.

Berge06

Thr front is hard to do when using XT6 Parts. the rear is super easy.

use impreza for front use xt6 for rear :grin:

Thanks

We don't have a lot of xt's in Norway, and I think no xt6.

We have insane engine taxes in Norway that is probably why.

We pay a lot over 100000 US dollars for a new wrx, so there arent many of those either. A 96 impreza gt turbo(Wrx) cost arond 30000 usd.

Standard year pay is about 55000 usd.

berge06

Hi

If I could use the impreza outer driveshaft joints on the ea driveshafts it wouldn't be that hard would it? Or using inner ea dirveshaft joints on impreza driveshafts.

Is this possible to do or is it a custom job

sorry about the last post, fast cars are expensive here, and uncommon. And of course if someone is buying an expensive car it's usually a bmw or something.

berge06

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that is a good idea.

I will indeed contact you when this project is started.

In the meantime is the xt turbo(ea82) rear axle the same as on other ea cars, just found a cheap xt for sale, I've totally seen 5 for sale in Norway my entire life so they are rare and never xt6 only turbo. Could be a fun project.

I alway have a few to many projects...

berge06