Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

are there any EA82 power steering pump differences?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,682 posts
  • WV

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

from one comment i'm inferring that all EA82 power steering pumps are the same. it looks like XT's have a shorter reservoir to clear the hood but otherwise the pumps are all the same.

any confirm that?

#2 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,201 posts
  • KY

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Don't know if all are the same but doubt it since there are 2 types of water pumps...short and long. I should have a pump from an 85 XT turbo around here somewhere if you can't find one for the 87. If your 87 is the turbo model then it should work.

John

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,682 posts
  • WV

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

john, you're the man, thanks bud. briggs on the xt forum has one and an exact match even...and i believe the bracket too. you are correct this is for an 87.5 XT Turbo vehicle and that's what he has.

#4 Andy FitzGibbon

Andy FitzGibbon

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Elkins, WV

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

john, you're the man, thanks bud. briggs on the xt forum has one and an exact match even...and i believe the bracket too. you are correct this is for an 87.5 XT Turbo vehicle and that's what he has.

I don't think WP shaft length would make a difference, as the two WPs use a different pulley that compensate for the shaft length.
Andy

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,932 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

All the pumps are the same.

However, XTs use a different resevior, and also a multi-rib belt pulley. Both parts are swapable onto any EA82 pump though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users