Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transmissions in Sacramento?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jurrel

Jurrel

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

Where would be a good place in Sacramento, CA to get a 4spd Dual Range transmission? I tried one shop in Rancho Cordova, who kept saying only a transmission from a brat would work in a brat, which they dont have parts for. I don't want to go through the conversion to a 5spd right now, I just want to get it running so I want a decent tranny. If I have to hit PnP I will, its just there is no way of knowing the quality from there.

#2 mountaingoatgruff

mountaingoatgruff

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Turlock, Ca

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

if you don't mind the drive there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed. i almost pulled it myself but i do want to do the 5speed conversion. if you're gonna nab it, better hurry. they don't leave them out there long once a hood and fender are missing.:grin:

are there any good d/r 5speeds in sac/rancho cordova p-n-p's? as far as 5speeds there's only s/r's in modesto and a ft4wd rx in stockton.

btw, i'm sure you know that shop is wrong - any ea81 d/r 4speed is fully compatable with any 4wd ea81 car.

#3 Jurrel

Jurrel

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

Yep I know the shop is wrong, is why I dont wanna do business there. Im not sure what 5 spd's the PnP up here have, usually they ahve a decent selection of subs though. Ill prob be there this weekend, if I see any Ill post back here.

#4 Jurrel

Jurrel

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

Just came back from the Rancho PnP, They had about 20 cars there, all most all were D/R 5spds, not a single 4spd manual to be had in the lot. Guess the old 4 spd are getting impossible to find.

#5 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,037 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Try looking in the Sparks and Carson City PnP yards. Several EA81s there, many with low miles (in the 100,000's)

Just my 2 bucks

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Shocking, the Rancho PnP usually has at least 1 or 2 EA81's.

There are a couple other Junkyards here in town that aren't PnP's.

Where in Sacramento are you located?
-Brian

#7 Jurrel

Jurrel

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

In Rancho, bout 4 miles from the PnP :)

#8 mountaingoatgruff

mountaingoatgruff

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Turlock, Ca

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Just came back from the Rancho PnP, They had about 20 cars there, all most all were D/R 5spds, not a single 4spd manual to be had in the lot. Guess the old 4 spd are getting impossible to find.

there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed.

#9 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • helL A/ NorCal Foothills

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

I can hit up my friend who has more parts and stuff for EAs than we know what to do with and see what he wants for a tranny if ya want. Zip is 95665, about 45 miles from Rancho Cordova. PM me if you'd be interested.

#10 Jurrel

Jurrel

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed.

I would have headed out there today, but also have to help my friend with his Miata which needed a transmission replacement as well this weekend. Maybe Ill try again next weekend for Stockton and the ones up here for the tranny. Less folks on the forum have the parts I need, then Ill buy em here. Always prefer my moneys going to real folks and not companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users