Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TSF (6-29-08) Now with pics!

TeamCF

So this is last minute cause I just came in from the garage and will be going.

Meeting up with the group around 8:30. Heading into the woods at 9.

We meet at the Gales Creek Shell station on HWY 6.

No CB channel has been decided yet and my cell does not work out there so if yer late (if anyone decides to go), you're gonna have to wander around and try to run into us.

Mostly milder rigs going on this run. The one on the 13th will be a really mixed group.

That was a blast. :banana:

I did a few black diamond trails. And my first double black diamond trail. :headbang:

Trails hit were:

Firebreak Five

Cedar Tree

Some of Powerline

Archers Firebreak

Can Opener (I watched, my front bumper would have just ran into the rocks)

Waterfall (same as can opener, that is just one nasty group of small cliffs.)

University Firepower

It was nice having a bunch of guys that had high hopes of what me and the Subaru could do. And then were blown away when I actually did it.

At one point I was going to do a really holed up climb, and was following one of them.

When it became my turn it seems they really didn't think I was gonna go for it and walked back to thier rigs at the top to come back down. When I pulled up behind them it was a big "Where the heck did you come from?! holy ****!"

Anyways some pics.

firebreakfiverocks.jpg

Firebreak Five. This was a black diamond section. I was waiting my turn at the rocks.

28_P1010137_1.jpg

Going. The rocks are small near the bottom.

28_P1010139_1.jpg

Up near the top of the rocks. There were alot more than you can really see in the pic. The one I'm next to......

damagefromfirebreak.jpg

Did this. I was next to it. Hung a little in a hole, goosed it, and bounced sideways. My first real rockrash. I'll wear it with pride. :)

28_P1010140_1.jpg

Another rocky trail. Mostly small loose ones. I think it was still FF further up.

myfirstDBD.jpg

My first double black diamond. To be honest I don't think it deserved the rating. Well if it was wet it would have been steep grease, but dry it was nothing.

28_P1010154_1.jpg

A better pic of the Soob under the tree.

That's about it for now.

If some really cool ones pop up on the 4x4 board I'll have to add to this.

Not all have posted their pics from the day yet.

Now I just have to fix what ever let go under the front end. I think I blew up a ball joint or something. Wheeld on it all day though (it happened early in some rocks) just had to ignore the grinding poping clunking coming from the suspension.

It was.

That first trail I hit to show them the power of Subaru was that one on the powerline trail with the big flat stump. About the middle of it there's the little trail that turns off to the right and climbs alongside and rejoins the trail. Bill did it when we were out there. Has all those alternating holes.

Takes some creativity, but a Soob can make it. :banana:

Oh and we came across three Cruisers like Bill's. They were playing on Little Rubicon.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like you're about to eat a big rock in that last picture...

I like how you only have one rubber bumper stop in the front... both my fronts are gone, but I'm sportin' the single rubber bumper stop in the rear...

--Spiffy

Yeah I kept knocking it off. So I finaly gave in and left it home. :)

Pretty much had to drive over that big rock in order to proceed up the trail.

The one behind me on my left sticking up had just rearranged some sheetmetal before the pic was taken.

wow, that thing isn't even lifted if i would dare say. nice.

Front is stock, rear has a 1" but it is mostly taken up by all my gear in the back. It has the factory adjusters cranked up. (front not so much to save axles)

I want to do a lift in the future. But right now it's very satisfiying following lifted Yota's and Jeeps around with a stock Soob. :headbang: