Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will an EJ driveshaft fit in an ea82 with EJ running gear?

if you have a 25 spline EA trans than the EJ axle will fit. or if you have a 23 spline axle from a FWD impreza than it will fit your 23 spline EA82 trans.

if your talking about the rear drive shaft. it will fit into the trans but it is about 2 inches to long to fit.

more info on what your talking about will get better info in return.

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

i think you mean you want to put an EJ engine and trans into an EA vehicle? and you're wondering about the driveshaft length? it will need to be modified to fit.

I've seen info that the manual ea drive shaft needs to be shortened 2" when an ej tranny is installed in an ea82 vehicle as per what Suberdave just stated, but what about the ej drive shaft?

I'm talking about the driveshaft that connects the tranny to the rear diff is "Driveline" a better term?

I have the complete running gear of a 2003 JDM wrx, everything from the flywheel back, 4.11 5 speed, all axles, brakes, hubs, driveshaft and rear diff.

I've already created hybrid axles for the rear:

WRX inboard cup installed on NOS rear ea82 axles so that the WRX rear diff can bolt into the ea chassis.

I have xt6 rear hubs and am working on adaptor plates to allow the ej rear backing plate to bolt to the ea swing arm so I can use the GD brakes and have me some rear e-brake.

In the front I have 90 legacy front hubs and axles that I'll mate to the WRX tranny. The GD chassis axles might be too long for an ea82 chassis, I'm not sure yet but they are def. longer than the legacy axles. I'd love to use the GD front hubs as they are beefier than the legacy hubs. I will if the GD outboard cv joint can fit the legacy or turbo ea82 axle halfshaft.

What I'm unsure of is what to do about the driveshaft I have a 4eat driveshaft and the wrx driveshaft. I'll probably run the wrx drivshaft I'm simply curious to know if it requires any shortening to fit the ea82 chassis..?

Sorry if there was any confusion,

Kaz