Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash issue.. Need help plzzz

Ok here is the kibbel,

It first started when I noticed that when I turned on my high beams that when I turned them off my high beam indicator would stay on even if I cycled to the low beams. Then on top of that the head lights dont turn off when I turn the switch to turn them off. Now yesterday my low light fuel indicator light stoped working. The fuel gauge has never worked but the low light indicator always has and now nothing. Oh if any one wants to know right around 400 miles is when you run out of gass and come to a dead stop.

So ... what might of caused this? I know I drove threw some really bad rain last week and when I was doing it I cycled through my park lights and hazards durring the rain storm. I wonder if some thing shorted. I thought maybe a bad relay for the head lights since I think they turn off and reset when you turn the car off and back on again.

The lights are controlled by grounding the connection to the lights through the light switch. The switch contacts may be shorted and causing the trouble. Try removing the wire connection to the light switch. If the lights go out then the switch appears to be the trouble. If the lights stay on then there is a short to ground somewhere on the return wire from the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem fixed its self... sort of:eek: :Flame::banghead: :banghead: .

Now it is time to look for a new one.

Dam mice

I am not happy about this at all. This is what happens when you work too much and can not hunt down electrical problems in your car. I came out at 415 amburnt_brat_1.JPG and found it this way. My wife did most of the crying. Oh well I guess I will be driving the wrx for a while.burnt_brat_3.JPG

It worked out real well.. if you could say that at all. Normal I park it next to my wrx and the Titan and the spot I parked it in that night used to have wooden pallets and gass cans next to it. Pluss I still have a 4 inch SJR lift I have not put in it yet.

I have a wanted add for another one in the wanted fourm.

So yess I will be keeping the bumper.

umm. i am in shock too. that sucks big time.

you think mice chewing the wires shorted it then?

Hey, if by any chance the shift lever rod, what the knob screws onto, is in any way still straight, could i get that form you. When I torch heat bent mine after the lift, i pretty much put a crack in the one, and I am scared to keep driving it that way.

I feel for you. I know if I lost any of my brat's I would cry, and I am not kidding. I guess there is one thing that you could keep off this brat, the license plate looks brand new. :-\

Just rember there are more out there.

Jeff

My jaw just dropped.

Seems like a fusible link didn't do it's job huh?

Seriously, I am sorry for you're loss.

But at least she went driving up 'til the last day. Not rotting away in JY somewhere.

There is no more honorable way to go than in a blaze of glory. Like the Viking Kings on their journey to Valhalla.

R.I.P. Mighty Brat

"Rejoice you should for those that become one with The Force "