Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help me decide

Exterior finish for this: 2665397387_0b1636dcd5.jpg?v=0

A) Solid White with the red/black halo Brat stripes (back to stock)

or

B) Snow camo (possibly with a solid base color below lower trim strips)

or

C) Other (post your suggestion)

It will also have a tall cap on the back so it will get painted the same as the body. Interior is blue.

Should I keep the body trim strips on the sides or pull them and fill in the mounting holes?

my brother in law air brushes stuff semi-professionally and i've talked him into doing camo on my hatch in exchange for me fixing stuff around his house. he uses tree branches, leaves, etc. as stencils and creates a realistic camo pattern in multiple layers with anywhere from 10-20 colors. i also have a blue interior so i was thinking snow camo would match it best but i haven't made up my mind yet. i might still go with a realtree type camo like he usually does on fishing boats and stuff. i won't be putting a base color across the bottom and i'm even considering collecting another set of grill/trim parts to paint with the camo and keep my good parts in the garage. that way i can do the grill, stainless trim, rims, bumpers - everything but the lights and the glass!

go for the camo:headbang:

I would go with stock, to make people wonder if they rolled of the assembly line that way...

snow camo?! who are you hiding from? hunting in the winter? animals will hear and smell that thing long before you're close enough for camo to matter... and don't plan on getting rescued if they can't find your wreckage... c(:

if you're going with camo do an urban camo with bright florescent colors... that way they'll never find you if they go looking in the 80's (which is where the car is from)...

--Spiffy

the abominable snowmen.;)

Ha Ha! ... :) ...Well... I Think Snow Camo Will be Nice Lookin` Too... in My Country is not Legal to Own any Vehicle Painted in Camo Scheme, only Military ones are Allowed...

Could you Post Pics of your Subie`s Paint Job? ... I do Car Paint Jobs Too, so any Question is Welcome.

Good Luck! :burnout:

in My Country is not Legal to Own any Vehicle Painted in Camo Scheme, only Military ones are Allowed...

i wonder what the honduran government's reason for this is, or at least what they say it is.

if the u.s. ever tried to pass a law like that they'd likely say it was to protect us from loosing our cars...:rolleyes::lol:

Ha Ha! ... :) ...Well... I Think Snow Camo Will be Nice Lookin` Too... in My Country is not Legal to Own any Vehicle Painted in Camo Scheme, only Military ones are Allowed...

Could you Post Pics of your Subie`s Paint Job? ... I do Car Paint Jobs Too, so any Question is Welcome.

Good Luck! :burnout:

Wouldnt snow camo cort of stick out there?

:popcorn: