Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where is the loyales?

Ive searched high and low, nasioc, iwsti, carfreeks, cardomain, USMB, google, freaking everywhere. How come no one has a "NICE" looking fixed up loyale sedan? everyone hate em that much or what lol. i see a ton of wagons with decent motor swaps. but they all loook trashy and/or lifted. but im not a wagon fan. or a lifted car fan. im just interested in the sedans right now. and some more sporty street versions.

Either way im starting my venture into a loyale project, and well so far seems to me like im going to be the first one in the world haha. But if anyone has seen any, i would love to see what other people have done and maybe rob some ideas to further better mine. i did a ruff photoshop of what im going for. so ill share it for now. But id love to see others, thanks all and watch for my project thread to be popping up soon! :popcorn:

l_7e4447621e74c543acbd06b416611416.jpg

basics

EJ series Turbo swap

with EJ series drivetrain fulltime awd.

5x100 swap

and full 05+ legacy interior. door panels, dash, everything possible. (yes i know it will all be custom built) but it will resemble the legacy styling.)

Full power, everything, ac, heater, all the normal luxurys

blah blah blah. basically it has to be faster (break into the 12's), cooler, and more comfortable as a daily driver than my old car.....

l_cd4e27df147ceecf5ed8e69f48f5f299.jpg

Looks rad.

I always thought the sedans were like smaller Cressidas. And those look dope all done up.

You need to talk to:

Suberdave - He probably has the most BADASS "loyale" on the board, atleast going by what your goals are.

picture-23.jpg

Me - Probably the SECOND most BADASS "loyale" here...

IMG_0195.JPG

Now, keep in mind neither of those are sedans. So you will be unique.

Nobody does anything with sedans!

Feel free to ask questions, most are friendly here!

I should have my RX at WCSS if you are gonna make it...

those are deff to very sick loyale's, and i havnt seen either of those online yet. and even though they are both the body styles i dont like, they do loook pretty good and up my ally of where im going with mine. Thanks for posting them.

I will be at wcss this year with my subaru club! we just rented our beach house, cant wait, were stoked! ill keep an eye out for you for sure.

and im sorry, i love the color pink haha. sti pink anyway, not this fruity fuchsia pink shade. and no im far from gay haha. But ill deff be rocking the pink wheels. ive gone threw, chrome, silver, gun metal, black, bronze/gold. its time for me to step out of the box. which is hte biggest reason for this project, steping out of the box.

at my last car club meet, i had some guy come up to me and said... "there all the same car" well he was half right. 3 bug eye wrx's, 1 blob eye sti. all 4 WRB blue all parked side by side, yeah it looked like all the same car to someone who didnt know better. so that is really what pushed me out to do something totally different in the subaru world... hense this project.

How come no one has a "NICE" looking fixed up loyale sedan? everyone hate em that much or what lol.
you pretty much guessed it. i wouldn't say people hate them, i bought one for a friend last year! they came with a fairly reliable motor, good 4WD and get good gas mileage. but they're a low end ugly box with...90 hp maybe? and they're not any more unique or different than the WRX...probably worse in my opinion - they look like tons of other cars (even some other subaru's) from the 80's/early 90's. by now most of those are in junk yards so in those terms it'll stand out like any other older vehicle that's has no market value any more.

you pretty much guessed it. i wouldn't say people hate them, i bought one for a friend last year! they came with a fairly reliable motor, good 4WD and get good gas mileage. but they're a low end ugly box with...90 hp maybe? and they're not any more unique or different than the WRX...probably worse in my opinion - they look like tons of other cars (even some other subaru's) from the 80's/early 90's. by now most of those are in junk yards so in those terms it'll stand out like any other older vehicle that's has no market value any more.

well im not meaning unique as in rare. but come on. You go drive down the street, how many 02-07 imprezas/wrx/sti's are you going to see. a ton.

how many beat up broken down junker loyale's you going to see? maybe a few...

How many freshly painted, clean looking, swapped, pulling 12's in the 1/4 mile loyales you going to see? None. Everyone builds a impreza, from somewhere between 93-08, its just the most popular shell to build. legacys are right up there too now days. followed close to foresters. ive seen pretty much every subaru model i can think of done up really nice at one point or another. But i have still yet to see a loyale done up to what im aiming for.

Thats what i would call unique/Different.

There's a pretty clean silver turbo sedan with a 5 lug swap/WRX hood scoop that's always parked outside Wentworth Subaru in Portland. I'm guessing that it belongs to one of the techs. I'll see if I can get some info/photos the next time I walk by.

There's a pretty clean silver turbo sedan with a 5 lug swap/WRX hood scoop that's always parked outside Wentworth Subaru in Portland. I'm guessing that it belongs to one of the techs. I'll see if I can get some info/photos the next time I walk by.

i know what one your talking about. thats actually the only one ive ever see, and is really what sparked my interest in wanting to do this. I never woulda looked twice at a loyale cuz ive never seen one done nice, they have always been trashy to me, he is the one that showed me their good side. and actually if you take my photoshopped picture, and undo my work, its his silver sedan lol. but its not a wrx scoop like i plan on doing, looks like a ebay scoop that has been stuck on. but either way its still a sick swap. he came on the TNT coastal cruise which is where that picture above was taken. heres a couple more.

24n4a4l.jpg

24bq8o6.jpg

beautiful car, but my plan is to be better =]

Kudo's for wanting to fix up a old school sedan.

But I'm a little confused as to why you want to put on/in all the new gen stuff? Arent you trying to make it different? Instead of the cookie cutter newgens out there? Putting look alike Lego door cards, etc is what I mean.

I dont have a problem with stuff under the hood/chassis, but when your going to be seeing something from a visual perspective, thats different.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

im sorta with ya. But look at it this way...

im use to the interior of a 2006 sti. or basically any newer car. i dont want to go from 06 comfort, to some crap box 1980s fallen apart ugly interior, fugly digital dash, smelly carpet from some old ladie who smoked in it for 20 years and took her dogs with her everywhere. blah blah blah. see my point? i mean yeah i can replace it with new original. but its still plain and 80's styling, which in my book the 80's were the worst times ever on EVERY car.

and the biggest thing is anything "Stock" flat out doesnt work for me. I gotta modify lol. i mean i was going to ditch my blue sti seats and door cards and carpet just because it was stock and i wanted something different. was going to go with 07 wrx grey/black. but either way every loyale has stock interior. how many have legacy interior? im willing to bet none.

now a very popular swap is wrx/sti interior and dash in GC imprezas. thats way common. and why? well prob cuz people think its cool, it looks a little cleaner, adds a nicer touch to the inside of the car to go along with everything else. and thats basically what im going for. the reason im not going for impreza interior (which would be a lot easier) vs legacy is because the legacy is a lot more luxurious, and you see it a lot less. i mean its only been out for 3 years, not that popular vs some thats been out for 6 years. and i just love the looks of it. Here is an example of how i will do mine. (yes pink and all, just a different shade)

ry3D3201.jpg

ive just always really liked the look of the legacy interior, so thats what i want to bring it up to par for the comfort part of this project. this isnt going to be a true daily driver. but close, and it will take some looong road trips. so i want comfort in my sporty little swapper. thats all part of this project.

... How many freshly painted, clean looking, swapped, pulling 12's in the 1/4 mile loyales you going to see? None. ...

... But Certainly, there are Some out There ...

I Have Two Subaru Loyales, Both are Wagons, the Cleanest Lookin` One is the Yellow Wagon, `cos the White One is my Everyday Warrior.

Here Goes a Couple of Pics of my Yellow one:

(...I think it is "BadAss" Too...)

:)

Loyale27Turbo2.jpg?t=1216188375

Newer Pic, Featurin` Golden Stripes & Bigger Brighter UnderBumper Halogens

Loyale27Turbo1.jpg?t=1216188356

I Know Someone who Already have a Pink Impreza:

PinkImpreza.jpg?t=1216185811

That`s the Colour you Like, isn`t it?

:burnout:

na id never paint my entire car pink, specially that shade, that is hideous lol.

only solid pink car ive found i really like so far is the legacy i posted interior pictures of. looks pretty good with its green wheels too lol

i saw yours somewhere, nasioc i think! pretty clean, but still, not a sedan lol. which actually makes me happy, ill deff feel like the one and only haha.

i should have one by the end of this month. if a couple of my 70's projects sell (which they are sale pending right now) ill pick one up as soon as they are gone.

this one?

rx_002.jpg

not a fan of the fogs, but other than that, must say it doesnt look half bad, i like the stance it has. i was thinking about 04 wrx side skirts, since they are pretty basic and sqaure, would flow with the car, but still give it a nice touch. but those dont look half bad either.

be sure to get the turbo spoiler.DSC00002.JPG

and find me one too... :cool:

not sure what the turbo spoiler looks like.

but i already know what i want for one. im really good with fiberglass so ill home make it, but its just going to be a little lip, kinda like a sti limited spoiler, actually pretty much identical to the one on dans old rx i just posted. exactly what i want.

The sideskirts on Dan's old RX are factory sideskirts that came on all the RX's, sedans or coupe. Well almost all of them.

same story on that front lip most people run too right? stock rx?

thats deff something on my list, going to track one of those down. might try to fab that up home made too. but i get burnt out on projects like that, front lips just arent my thing. but the spoiler will be nice and easy. might even make a mold in case anyone else ends up being interested in one.

well i think this Might be my new toy.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=9ee56ed2-df6b-438f-b5b0-bc0621ce6f0d&Aux=50|0|8CAB7556A968AD0|

he is only asking 400, but cant make any decisions untill i sell 2 of my cars which should be gone before the end of this month. so hopefully ill be started on this soon!:banana:

you've inspired me to want to fix my loyale up again.

i like the ideas your going with.. ej swap, 5lug... thats what i want to do, but i don't have the money, or the availability of parts :dead:

eh, just don't know how it'll go down with the girlfriend lol

[she just got a '74 roadrunner] so i need to make my car able to compete with it