Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evolution of a Subaru (pics included)

r_kirky

Evolution of a Subaru and a fond farewell.

This was originally a free car that with a bit of elbow grease and a very small amount of money became a daily driver.

418470_qcetk31ef1nc7_dd.jpg

Then I sold it to wicked36 so I could buy my brat. We then lifted it.

418472_8bqqamuh4iy16_dd.jpg

Then I bought it back from him because he was moving cross country.

418476_e0koelbks9yy8_dd.jpg

After replacing more axles than I care to count. I grew tired of looking at it and decided to turn the wrenches on her one more time.

418478_42f6xnob7t1ih_dd.jpg

Most parts will transfer straight over to my new project which I am very exited about.

418480_uy8asc5bz6zrq_dd.jpg

Calling Scott and Jeff. I will soon be joining you at walker valley:banana:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest, thats a shame :( it didn't look that bad and the axle thing could've been solved (I believe EA82 inner cups give you more room for flex)

I guess when you live in a country where old subarus are plentifull you don't care too much about one hatch..

to be honest, thats a shame :( it didn't look that bad and the axle thing could've been solved (I believe EA82 inner cups give you more room for flex)

I guess when you live in a country where old subarus are plentifull you don't care too much about one hatch..

I tried the axle swap and they continued to pull apart. I had some pretty bad rust where the diff hanger attached. there wasn't a straight body panel on it anymore and unfortunately it was worth more in parts than it was whole.

oooo finally another sedan out there! lol getting tired of wagons.

what are your plans?

Lifting it and maybe an EJ swap. I plan on posting pictures of the progress. I had a hard time finding a sedan with 4wd at a reasonable price, there are a lot more wagons out there.

418478_42f6xnob7t1ih_dd.jpg

that'll buff right out...

you might miss the shorter wheelbase of the hatch... granted, passengers are easier to load into a 4-door, but if you're gonna wheels it then you want to be able to get to your cargo...

--Spiffy

I've gone Wheeling with rob 2 time while he had the hatch, and this thing loved to break axles. It wasn't anything that Rob, you where doing, it seemed that they just broke. joostvdw if you went wheeling for one day and broke 3 axles in one day do you think you would give up sooner or later? I know I would. "I guess when you live in a country where old subarus are plentifull you don't care too much about one hatch."

If you lived here you would know that there are about 20 more hatchbacks or 4,000 other kinds of subaru's you could go with.

Rob, I like it Welcome to the Dark Side!!:lol::banana:

Jeff

What excactly are you transfering over?

Almost nothing between EA81 and EA82 are the same.

I'd imagine wheels, tires, and engine. All the important stuff....

Good luck with the new one Rob! Let me know if you need anything fabricated!

I'd imagine wheels, tires, and engine. All the important stuff....

Good luck with the new one Rob! Let me know if you need anything fabricated!

Thanks for the offer I would love to get out there and see your shop sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Dual range trans in and EJ on the way.:banana:

435330_hezea6yg9nlx5_or.jpg

EJ in and spaghetti waiting for me tomorrow morning. :dead:

435332_auv4lsrs2d3mq_or.jpg

Thanks Jeff and Will for picking up the radiator and power steering pump for me. I think all that is holding me back now is me.