Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR 4in lift camber problem help

cameron 1

hi i have an 88 GL wagon and im trying to put a SJR 4 in lift on it and im almost done but my front tires are way out of wak there sitting on the outer edge of the tire ive tryed the lift blocks on both sides and that doesnt help and ive rotated them every way i can think of does any one else have this problem or am i just retarded and not doing it right thnx:confused:

some camber is unavoidable. just a subaru design "flaw" (if you want to call it that.). a lift and larger tires will both exaggerate the issue. And when you first install something like this, the suspension will sit pretty high. drive it around the block a few times, and it'll settle down a bit, and the camber will become less severe.

When you increase the length of the strut (which is what you do if you put lift blocks on top of them) the wheel moves downwards, but it can't go down in a straight line because the trailing arm and control arm are pivoting at the subframe. So it moves in an arc, thus creating camber.

well the sub frame droped 4 inches along with the strut so every thing should be at stock angles thats why i dont under stand why my camber is so far off

but maybe ur right it just looks so bad because of the big tires ill try driving it around the block a few times see what happens thnx:headbang:

The strut tops need to be placed so that the upper portion of the strut is closest to the inside of the body.

So the lift tops would be like this \\ //

looks kinda cockeyed when you first put it on the strut, but once you put the struts on the car it becomes obvious

hi i have an 88 GL wagon and im trying to put a SJR 4 in lift on it and im almost done but my front tires are way out of wak there sitting on the outer edge of the tire ive tryed the lift blocks on both sides and that doesnt help and ive rotated them every way i can think of does any one else have this problem or am i just retarded and not doing it right thnx:confused:

did I mark them with a black pen? you should be able to read the 'SJR' from standing in front of the car at the radiator