Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hood scoop or hood vent

s'ko

Hello peoples.... Wanted to get your opinion on something.

As you guys know, the RX is pretty much done. Got an exhaust put on it last Saturday and it can rumble with all you WRX guys now.

I am trying to decide if I should go hood scoop or hood vents.

The scoop I kinda envision looking like this...

front.jpg

bigcompletecar.JPG

underbonnet.jpg

BTW here is what sit underneath that hood EJ20 w/a little FMIC in the spare tire area.

finishedenginebay.jpg

hood vents I am still looking for something that is suitable. One idea I had was to get a heater vent from Home depot and install it. The other idea was to cut a slit in the hood kinda like this but the other way so air can go in.

hood12.jpg

The overall effect is to get something that is sleeper looking, but will cool the TMIC.

Any ideas?

THanks

BW

Hello peoples.... Wanted to get your opinion on something.

As you guys know' date=' the RX is pretty much done. Got an exhaust put on it last Saturday and it can rumble with all you WRX guys now.

I am trying to decide if I should go hood scoop or hood vents.

The scoop I kinda envision looking like this...

[img']http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/1065/front.jpg[/img]

bigcompletecar.JPG

underbonnet.jpg

BTW here is what sit underneath that hood EJ20 w/a little FMIC in the spare tire area.

finishedenginebay.jpg

hood vents I am still looking for something that is suitable. One idea I had was to get a heater vent from Home depot and install it. The other idea was to cut a slit in the hood kinda like this but the other way so air can go in.

hood12.jpg

The overall effect is to get something that is sleeper looking, but will cool the TMIC.

Any ideas?

THanks

BW

I like the look of the red car and its more areodynamic! Give ya that edge:lol:

cannott remember where or who but someone was asking about a hood scoop for the EA82 series and someone found one on e bay that looked pretty good on the EA82s. I'd keep the scoop, just make it larger and maybe some NASA ducts like the 71 Mach1 Mustangs for venting. Glad to hear everything is going well with the RX and sorry I haven't called ya back work has been busy and hours changed and all the good stuff but I'll hit ya up sometime.