Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some help with installing a keyless entry system

Hello

A little background:

1997 Subaru outback, it used to have the keyless entry system, in fact the wiring harness is all still there. Some previous owner removed the controller box for some unknown reason.

All my locks work great manually, both with the key and the power switch, but I bought this system from another forum member hoping to install it and get it working.

I installed it today and followed the subaru instructions available on the net. Once I powered it up, the remote would lock the door, but not unlock it. In fact, when holding down the programming button, it is supposed to cycle through the lock-unlock cycle 3 times. Well, it would lock, but then kind of whine as it tried to unlock. The remotes would lock it, but upon testing the unlock feature, it just kind of whined. I could do it manually with the switch though.

Figuring it must be a wiring problem, I found the 2 wires from the harness that control the unlock and followed them to find them just hanging loose. Problem is where to hook them to?

They are pink/green (labeled DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK SWITCH) and red/green (labeled DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK MOTOR).

I was looking at my wiring diagrams, the instructions and tore apart the door and kick panel, but cannot find where to hook these two wires into.

I am not sure which part in the door is the switch and which is the motor. The manual is a little unclear.

Can any of you guys shed some light for me? Thanks!

Mark