Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DR Shifter linkage pics?

Could some kind soul please post a pic of how the linkages look under the console for a 4spd DR?

I just want to make sure I am positioning everything correctly. However I did not take the old trans out...and I did not take the newer trans out either. So I have no clue how the linkages should be running exactly.

I have the chilton, haynes and the FSM and they show the parts, but no view of what exactly it looks like mated to the trans, under the console.

Since I don't have any pics of the linkages I can at best describe what it should look like. On the drivers side of the trans up near the bell housing is the lever for the hi/ low part of the diff. That will go back about mid way to the rod that goes through the trans the 4wd activation point) on the top at ruffly the back part. Then you have the "Z" part that is slid on and bolted to have the rod now on the passenger side. Then you have the rod that bolts to that with the sideways pin in the end (if I remember correctly) for the 4wd lever to attach. You should look to make the hi/ low actuate separate from the 4wd if you want. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66608 is a section but unfortunately s'ko's pics are down (s'ko? s'ko?). Not to hard to do but unfortunately I gave you my pieces before I could finish the mock up but will be getting more and I don't have pics of the correct way to do it. But long story short it should go something like _____i------. Good luck

Okay the 4WD rod from the trans, that sticks up into the passenger compartment correct? I think I have the rest correct, but not sure if that part was to com up, or somehow connect under the trans tunnel with that Z part. I know I sound very new at this, cause I am :)