Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

little junkyard hatch gets good mileage too..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:26 PM

on top of the cold ac, almost no rust, smooth quiet running.. the little bastard gets 28mpg runnin around town..:D with a hitachi!!

i'm sure it'd get over 30 if it was all highway drivin..

just thought i'd share.. this little car has been great so far.. driven it all over the place.. its not big on power, or fast for that matter, but what can ya expect from a car that has 69HP..

if i get my wife a wagon, i'll just run it back and forth to work since the mileage is awsome.. and save the RX for my toy, hehe..

after cleaning the blower motor and air conditioning core out (mice fuz/stuffing/terds).. the heater and ac work like new as well..

#2 Ma-fia

Ma-fia

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Dallas, TX, US

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:32 AM

wow, that's awsome! Congratulations.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:55 AM

That's great - the Hitachi's aren't really all that bad - mine did great before I switched to a weber. The Weber does better - but my friend has my old hitachi, and gets over 30 on his 2WD...

I think the EA81's were 73 HP BTW.

GD

#4 Stupidru

Stupidru

Currently Subaruless

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Northumberland, PA

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:32 AM

That's great...one man's junk is another man's treasure. Ma-Fia did you post any pic's of your GLF?

#5 Ma-fia

Ma-fia

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Dallas, TX, US

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:40 PM

No, I didn't get around to post any pictures yet. The blurry "something" next to my username is the only one out there for now. I'll set up a website some time, hopefully soon. Then I'll invite everybody to admire! Or, I guess, I could just attach a couple of pics to a post...
Thanks for your interest.

#6 clantieri

clantieri

Subaru Freak

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:47 AM

Good to hear some good news coming from you finally!

Good Luck with it.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users