Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

97 Outback radio install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FSRBIKER_*

Guest_FSRBIKER_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:27 AM

I see crutchfield lists the harness adapter but no kit to replace the stock system(radio with seperate cd player below it)...does anyone offer a kit? I would like to have a compartment below my Kenwood cd player like I used to when this was in my Xterra and the Crutchfield kit made that simple...any links please?

#2 Guest_rcoaster_*

Guest_rcoaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:40 AM

That's because it isn't necessary. The raido is held in place via a steel "cage" which is mounted into the dash with 6 screws. There are holes on the cage that line up with the holes on the aftermarket radio itself. All you need are the screws from the aftermarket radio, remove the cage, remove the raido from the cage, and then put the aftermarket radio into the cage and secure them with the screws included with the aftermarket radio and then wire it up to the harness and reinstall everything. No filler plates, no special mounting kits, etc.
[edit]
I forgot to add that your stock system had the tape deck with additional CD player underneath, simply get a compartment box either from the dealer or from a junk yard to fill in the gap below your kenwood cd player. It goes in the spot where the CD player goes.

Unfortunately, with the new 2005 Legacy/Outback coming out, we will start to see filler plates for custom radio installs.

-RC!

#3 Guest_FSRBIKER_*

Guest_FSRBIKER_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:43 AM

NICE!!

Thanks alot, might pick up the harness locally and put it in on my lunch break this week at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users