Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justy's new web

Well I told you all here that the web page would be done on Monday. I worked over the weekend to write the basic story of the justy, and specific details of my process.

Then some how when inserting the pictures on seperate pages, I deleted the main page! I don't build web pages (this is my first) and have never used Front Page. I was pissed!

The result is that I have about 50 pictures of the car and various bits of the car, but no home page giving the data and background of the pictures, and at present no desire to re-write that damn page.

I am going to calm down for a couple of days, and try again.

That's the story on the web site.

Meanwhile I am building a jig to construct the subframe for the engine, tranny, and suspension. THAT's the kind of building I can get into!

I am collecting the steel, upper and lower ball joints, and rod ends I will need to finish the suspension.

Troy

what did you do with the old turbo motor??

I'm working on a turbo kit. but it would be better to have somethign i know works.

Would you be willing to sell the turbo "kit" as a whole? (manifold, turbo, piping, and all that kind stuff)

if you want. please email me at thefastone121@hotmail.com

i'd like information on the fuel management and stuff on the turbo 3 cylinder.

What's this? A turbocharged Subaru Justy? I've been wanting to see something like this a long time. More info.....more info! :D I couldn't imagine how a boosted 1600-1800lbs Justy would feel like with about 150-160hp/torque.

Could the automatic (ECVT) Justy's belt driven tranny handle this? I don't think a shop like Level 10 performance could 'upgrade' this type of tranny. :D

I have posted I short version of the turbo Justy story on my soon to be posted website (as in hours, not days)

The ECVT basically could not handle the power, and went south, but not before my friend rolled it, and put it out of it's missery (the ECVT that is).

I'll be back on in a bit to let you know the web address. I just got back from pressure washing the EJ engine and EA tranny. I felt some pressure after a resent post made me embarrassed about how dirty my bits were. Now they are wonderfully shiney. I can't wait to get them dirty again, as a team in the new and improved Justy.

Later

Troy

I got the page done, and posted. Only problem is that the photos page and diary page aren't working. Also, I can't get to them to edit them because the personal web page administration server is down, and "will be repaired as quickly as possible".

So you can see what I have up for now, which is the history, of Leroy. All of the changes he has gone through up to this point. It will probably help focus any questions you may have about doctoring a Justy, by seeing what I have done.

Troy

http://petersontroylynda.home.comcast.net

Anyone who is interested...

I think I have the page working. It is not a fancy page. It is not a pretty page. But then neither my car or myself are fancy or pretty, so this is what you get.

Please post here and let me know that the link works, the photos and history all show up, and then you can express horror at what you see. that is if the damn thing works.

UPDATE:

the adapter plate for the EJ engine to the EA dual range tranny is going to be a breeze to build and will be on the car this saturday. I am using some type of aluminium that the aluminium guy says will do the trick. I already have the template made. the rest is easy. Will post photos. Dimensions are not easily given, but I can figure out a way to make copies if it turns out, and anyone is interested.

Now, here's the link

http://petersontroylynda.home.comcast.net/wsb.html

Hey you're sick dude!

Wish you were my neighbor!

Seriously though, that thing looks great and the web site was very functional even with my oldschool Netscape. Well executed on all accounts and thanks for documenting and sharing. Can't wait to see the EJ with dualrange stuff.