Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I keep getting a check engine light with a code that comes back Left bank lean. would that be an injector issue or an electronic signal issue or something with the fuel rail? or something else entirely? It has been less frequent a couple weeks since the last time after I ran a can of seafoam and a new fuel filter. but it came back today.

I believe it was p0173. I didn't know there were separate regulators for the 2 sides. since it isn't giving a code for an injector but the left bank that would make more sense. I'll check the service manual for the regulators and see what I can find out. or if it trips again today

• 2 weeks later...

P0171 got it again, still says L bank lean also on the code reader. replaced the front O2 sensor which had been shorting when I first got the car from exposed wires and looks dinged on one side so I don't expect it was in very good shape. got the code right after I fired it up after the swap. we'll see if it comes back again. still need to test pressure on the fuel system.

P0171 got it again, still says L bank lean also on the code reader. replaced the front O2 sensor which had been shorting when I first got the car from exposed wires and looks dinged on one side so I don't expect it was in very good shape. got the code right after I fired it up after the swap. we'll see if it comes back again. still need to test pressure on the fuel system.

Check for vacum/boost leaks, it's very common to have them. You can make up a tool to pressurize all the intercooler plumbing and the intake mainifold if you have an air compressor.

I made one similar to that, but mine connects to the hose right after the MAF. It lets me check for leaks at the turbo inlet as well. You don't need much pressure to find leaks, 10 PSI will usually do it. To much pressue can blow the cam seals out of the motor. If this really worries you, take the oil cap off first, makes it a little harder to find leaks with air coming out there, but you won't pop the seals out. I check for boost leaks every time I have any of the turbo plumbing off, it's very easy to cause a leak and the car runs like crap with boost leaks.

dont me to get to off topic here....but subaru360...what is your best time so far? are there any mods done to the car? i do remember i think you made a post when you bought the car and i think i saw it on a trailer????

I went a best of 13.2 with the stock turbo. I think I could have run slightly better if I had waited for cool weather. But I didn't wait and just put on a 16G turbo. I made a few runs with that and went 13.0 @106 I had put in a LW flywheel and it sucked at the dragstrip, I couldn't launch the car at all. I took that flywheel out and now expect to go at least 12.50, hopefully low 12's.

Right now I have GP moto elbow, 16G, TGV deletes, sti pinks, walbro pump, GP moto header, ebay TMIC, hallman MBC, cobb DP, spt mid, sti axleback, exedy stage 1 clutch, UR pulley. I've also got megan coilovers and cusco strut and swaybars and more I can't remember now.

It's a fun all around car :D

wow mid 12's thats pretty quick!.....i just bought my 02 REX from a guy over at clubwrx.net named Rogan......apparently the orig. 2.0 went due to lack of oil psi so he decided to go all out....

Engine:

2.5 STI block and crank

2.0 WRX heads p&p, decked, with a three angle valve job and blended bowls

Eagle H beam rods

Arias 9.5:1 pistons

ARP rod bolts and head studs

Cometic head gaksets

Hondata intake manifold gaskets

TGV deletes

Walbro 255 lph pump

800cc Injectors

aeromotive red billet fuel rails

Precision GT32 Turbo

Precision FMIC

custom rotated catless up pipe

3" downpipe

3" cold air intake

full 3 "turbo back exhaust w/QTP electric cutout to open DP

Tial 46mm External Gate

Tial 50mm BOV

Front mount oil cooler

custom oil catch can

im sure there is other stuff im forgetting....anyways the car is currently tuned to about 22 PSI and about 400 WHP....i have yet to run the car (or any car for that matter) is there any tips you could give me to help me learn to launch the car? I dont really want to abuse the stock 5 SPD with the orig. stock Clutch to much....also another really loose question...what times should i expect to run with this setup? (driven properly of course)....i just joined clubwrx.net and there are a ton of people on there and so much to learn....just tryin to get your opinion.....thanks and good luck w/ the REX! ( oh and sorry to j2coe for jacking your thread a little)...;)

Your setup is pretty good. I would expect that to go in the 11's if all is right.

As far as launching, the easiest thing to do is to install launch control in the ECU. It works great, just hold it to the floor and let the clutch out, it will stay on the launch control limiter until the car moves. It makes the launch much smoother, no slipping the clutch or dropping it too hard. Go to NASIOC and search for the tiny wrex L/C patch, you do need a tactrix cable to flash the ECU. The stock trans is better than people think, mine has 115,000 and over 50 5000 RPM lauches on it and it's still ok. It's always been hard to downshift to 1st, lots of them are like that.

You should go to the WRX vs. EVO race this Sunday in NJ, I'll be there.

Sorry about the thread jack to the OP.

ok ok...i do have the tactrix cable that is how i have been tuning it with romraider....i will def. look up launch control..thank you....were in NJ is the WRX vs. EVO race?....can anyone race? entry fee? or is there a website that could tell me all that?...lol...thanks for the input...:)