Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cle Elum Rallyx Photos!

Subie Gal

Loads and Loads and Loads of Piccies

Everyone who participated on Saturday, I gotcha :)

High Res copies are available, contact me for details.

I have many photos that I will not upload to my site as well

Just too many to edit and upload

TO VIEW MORE SEE: http://www.subiegal.com

Below is a sample :)

rallycross-subaru-dirt.jpg

blackwrxstirally.jpg

rally-evo1.jpg

wrx-rallycross2.jpg

rallycross-legacy.jpg

subaruwrxwagonblue1.jpg

I'll add more to the site as the day goes on.....

Enjoy

Nice and dusty!
Dust was everywhere; they couldn't water the course enough (altho they tried:eek:). Sunday's run, the ground finally gave up and became saturated with water and it became a mudfest in spots. Great event however!:)

Technical course designed by Qman which was quite challenging (Saturday). Not quite the 2 to 3 minute runs that were advertised but the top guns were running in the 1:45 range. JRach smoked the competition with all of his runs in the 1:30's. Tight spots cost the unwary cones for not paying attention. I was being careful and never made it out of first:mad:.

Sunday's run was technical also and looked fast. My first walkthrough made me think I'd be in 2nd most of the time. Turns out, I only got into 2nd for about a quarter of the course. The ground finally was saturated in water in spots with standing puddles in amongst the muddy parts. An intriquing feature of the course was the quick changes in traction without a difference in appearance. It made for interesting corrections to your line that one didn't expect at all. As difficult as Sunday was I found it more challenging and fun than Saturday since there was less dust (not much less, but less:rolleyes:).

Both day's scores and awards were handed out promptly at the finish. I found the event well received for a number of different reasons.

Thanks Jamie. I'll look for them.

Yea, we all had fun. What surprised me was the number of people who tent camped at the site. We wussed it out and spent the night in a motel in town:); I couldn't have slept with the constant snap, crackle and pop of the overhead high tension wires!

The family doing the food concession also did a great job. Not having to run into town for lunch was a plus. I hadn't planned to do any fun runs, but took one of them out on my street tires. I'm not sure whether I enjoyed it more or she did. I think we might have gotten a convert from among the local people.

Results are up! Great job! Thanks.

http://offcamberevents.com/events/underthewires/rx091308.pdf

http://offcamberevents.com/events/underthewires/rx091408.pdf

Edited by edrach

couple of axles

couple of flat tires

couple of flying fender liners :headbang:

ya my "fleet" of craigslist hoopties took a beatin..... two broken half shafts, and 3 flat tires, and a very weird engine noise has been aquired by the original "Flyin Pickle" will post findings later.