Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Timber Ridge Trail Ride - Iowa (more pics added)

mcbrat

Had an awesome time! The Brat did a pretty decent job keeping up with all the other rigs. Took one bypass, but not sure if I needed to or not...

however, shortly thereafter, I ripped the right front strut out of the strut mount, then go enough lift on the right front to have the strut tip forward and wedge between the fender and inner wheel well. hard to steer at that point....

got the front end jacked up enough to swing the strut back in place, and then used a ratchet strap around the strut lift block twice, then in through the springs, to keep it together for the ride back to camp....

All during very cool night wheeling. had about 15 rigs all in a line.... almost a full moon too......

My welds held up for the lift block fix I had done a couple of weeks earlier, and I was running rear ea82 coilovers with the 3" ea81 lift horse shoe. no torsion bar active at all. trailing arm pieces welded together to make a solid trailing A arm basically.

previously, with the torsion bars active, I had to use a diff drop plate and spacer (along with the 3" byb lift) because I couldn't get the axles in, but with the disabling of the torsion bar totally, I was able to remove the diff drop pieces, and just use the BYB lift blocks, along with the longer travel MWE rear axles. no busted axles or stubs this time either. (last time out with that stuff though)

got a few more dents too. lost side molding off both doors, and had to "rebuild" the passenger side window regulator bars because of a sever bend stopping the window from going down....

got some more trails mapped with GPS too....

however, shortly thereafter, I ripped the right front strut out of the strut mount

hehe I've done that.

But I had some Jeeps and Yotas to impress so I wheeled on it the rest of the day. Kinda stupid as I blew out that front axle from all that down travel. And beat the heck out of my wheelwell. But they thought it was pretty dedicated of me so I got bonus points. And now they invite me on all the cool trail rides. :)

Sounds like you had some fun. :headbang: