Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'82 Brat: Solid Axle Build *** DONE! :) ***

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#451 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I think I'm going to make a "soft cover" for my rear cage.  I've got the  cargo cover from the Yukon I used to have, and I think it will cover it nicely for a little shade....

#452 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

GAAAHHH!!! You changed your screen name. I'm not sure I can handle that  :P

#453 88wacaroo

88wacaroo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Denver,Co.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

XT61.jpg
I love that pic!

I love the OLD BAS&#$D In the back ground

#454 88wacaroo

88wacaroo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Denver,Co.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ummmm.....Something isn't quite right about that picture. The tube work is awesome, but the sun isn't supposed to shine down there :-p

I Agree, I was lookin at it thinkin-Nice Pics,Nice Work,Good lighting,And then it Hit me :huh: :confused:  The Lighting-It"s Bright for being underneath and then I saw a tiny little patch of dirt at the back-UHOH Not Good!!

#455 Natemanas

Natemanas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Raleigh, NC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

how did that soft top work out?
I've been lusting after your rig, and shaking my head in envious sadness...

#456 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

how did that soft top work out?
I've been lusting after your rig, and shaking my head in envious sadness...

it didn't.  The vinyl cargo cover was more pvc and less vinyl and didn't really look like it was gonna hold up without instantly ripping, so we abandoned that idea.  Plus, my hi-lift stiull sticks up past the top yet, and I need to change the mount location first...

after the beating it has taken this year, plus the rust continuing to eat away at it, I have to do some bodywork on it this winter.  tailgate is barely operational now, and  can see the tires through both footwells.  fenders could probably use a bit more trimming too  :)  starting to see some grooves cut into the lugs.  not deep, but it is happening.  This thing just loves the trail twisties that leaf sprung rigs lift tires on...

#457 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

No more of any of these:
broken struts, broken torsion bars, broken oil pressure sender, bent mustache bar, broken half-shafts front or rear, burnt clutch, broken stub shift in rear diff.

I miss rolling in a stockish lifted soob sometimes, but the above list of stuff I don't have to deal with more than makes up for it.

#458 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thats a good point, and i think youve gone to far to go back now lol.  But remember everything your not having to deal with.

#459 sumoco

sumoco

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

Sorry to bring an old thread up, but how much was your end price?

#460 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't have a total.  too scary. I added lots of upgrades in along the way.

I think there was a conservative 140-160 hours in the design & fab for subframe, steering, suspension to make sure it all worked right.

the rest is all in what parts you want, and if you can do junkyard, or new, etc.... plus your own time putting the rest of it together.

I haven't broken anything yet, so for me, it was money well spent, because each time out prior, I was breaking something.

#461 sumoco

sumoco

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Lol fair enough. As everyone else has said amazing build and extreme props to your fabricator. Hopefully I can see it in person some time

#462 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'm hoping to get back out to WA sometime for one of the shows, but it will probably be a couple years from now....

#463 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

so....after a quick weekend visit to Colorado to help boost the parts supply at RetroRoo  :) I ended up coming home with a EA81T PS pump and bracket, which is the last Item I needed really for the SPFI swap.  now to find the time to do it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users