Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I long for the boost love

Caboobaroo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex, I'm still failing to see why you had to change the end of the linkages where it goes onto the tranny from the bracket end to the barrel end. Maybe I'm missing something there?

You can see in one of my pictures in this thread http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81260 that I had a barrel coming straight off the tranny, and a double bracket piece attached to that. So I needed a barrel to fit into the other side of that double bracket.

Perhaps your USDM stuff is different, I don't know. I just know what worked for me.

Kingbobdole, is there a reason why you opted to bolt the shift stay on top of the tunnel as opposed to below it?

You have a PM.

Was there until 10 and you didn't show:confused:

Anyways, I've had a bit of a problem... well a pretty decent sized problem. My XT6 tranny crossmembers turned out to not be from a XT6 but from a EJ car of some sort from the look of them. I compared them to the EJ set I already have and guess what......:horse:

So there went the ease of the tranny install for last night. I'll figure something out but if Rob is reading this... you might wanna go look for something again for me:brow:

After that dilema and getting a bit pissed at the fact that I didn't think of comparing them before I got the tranny on a jack to put it up into the car (the car be on a lift, you'll see), I decided to tear into the factory harness to get it out of the car to start stripping/merging. Looks like it'll be a walk in the park for the most part. I have pics though of its current state. Pretty sad though:rolleyes:

2590700940067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

2710835160067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

2872993590067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

I happen to know someone that has one for sale :)

Let me know the next time you are there, I'll try my hardest to make it happen!

I'm gonna try for this weekend, maybe on Saturday afternoon or something. Need some $$ for some new boots for Firestone:rolleyes:

Galen, after what happened the other night with parts not fitting and the parts I am still missing, makes me kidna irritated at this whole project. I'm just stressed at watching this thing sit here since I don't have the funds quite yet to just get everything and finish it right now, I'm loosing my motivation.:-\ I did like 30 minutes worth of work in 2 hours because of the lack of motivation after the tranny crossmembers didn't fit. I will, however, get this damn harness out by the end of the weekend, even if I have to do it outside of the shop. Then I can get them merged and back into the car:banana:

I'm gonna try for this weekend, maybe on Saturday afternoon or something. Need some $$ for some new boots for Firestone:rolleyes:

Galen, after what happened the other night with parts not fitting and the parts I am still missing, makes me kidna irritated at this whole project. I'm just stressed at watching this thing sit here since I don't have the funds quite yet to just get everything and finish it right now, I'm loosing my motivation.:-\ I did like 30 minutes worth of work in 2 hours because of the lack of motivation after the tranny crossmembers didn't fit. I will, however, get this damn harness out by the end of the weekend, even if I have to do it outside of the shop. Then I can get them merged and back into the car:banana:

I'll be in Redmond tomorrow afternoon at some point for a family gathering. I could probably swing by and at least give you the cash. I just don't know what time... anyway to get ahold of you thats not PM?

I'll be in Redmond tomorrow afternoon at some point for a family gathering. I could probably swing by and at least give you the cash. I just don't know what time... anyway to get ahold of you thats not PM?

eh I wish but not until I can get my phone turned back on which will be another month or so:-\

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm bumpin this up for good news!

Today I went to Aaron's Auto Wrecking in Seattle and got the needed parts to hopefully finish my swap. I got the XT6 manual AWD crossmembers for the tranny, EJ22T MAF and the 90* that comes off of it and the piping that goes from the turbo to the TB. So now I can finish putting this stupid thing together when I get time. I'm also swapping the 3.7LSD for a 3.9VLSD for a perfect gearing match for the car.

Now I just need to get the driveline shortened (which will be reaaaaal soon) and get everything put together!:banana:

Let me know the next time you are there working on it... i'll come give you some cash!

I'm stoked to see you making progress. We'll have to talk coilovers.... :)

I'll probably be there next Wednseday gettin the EJ tranny in and pulling the rear diff so I can make my swap.

Ha, I wish:-\ Working two jobs kinda takes its toll though on spare time. I'm finally getting money to finish it though!

Subaruguru, no DL lights for me. I'm going with a different set but its kind of a secret on what I wanna use;)

sweet like i said i cant wait to see it

• 1 month later...

So its been a couple long months of no time to work on the car. I work 2 jobs and lemme tell you, the spare time I do have, has been spent doing other work, like packing to move once again. Good think its across town and not halfway across the friggin country this time.

So since I worked on it last, she's sat and making me depressed. Most of you probably seen the part out thread I had posted a few weeks back but decided finally against it.

But a bit of an update!:banana:

Got the 3.9 VLSD I got from The Scooby in along with some good rear axles. Also, I have the XT6 crossmembers as well, just need to modify the rear one to bolt into the car. Just gotta get the tranny in then its all downhill. Also had to replace the front wheel bearings since the old ones didn't like being rolled around without axles in:rolleyes: I still got a few small things to do to the engine itself, evap the AC, install the radiator with fans, get the wiring in and get the driveline made and I should be good to go:banana: