Ultimate Subaru Message Board

911 Help for Jarod in L.A. area......

Hey everyone.....

Jarod is about 90 miles North of L.A. with Front Wheel Bearings out on the Lil'Roo

Is there anyone in or near L.A. that knows of a Junk Yard or parts car near him....?

If so, Call me ASAP on my Cell at

541-729-8490

Thanks, John in Oregon.....

Hey John, I searched the members board for 40 mins. Best I could find was "zooma37" whose profile says Southern California.

Noting above - HardcoreSooub is at Vandenberg- west of Bakersfield

that's about it, sorry.

(Note - I'm not volunteering anyone)

r/PK

Sorry, I posted that last bit of Info under Jarods name.....

HardCore, If you can, Call me on my Home Line at 541-607-0163

My cell has gone on the fritz.......

Or Pm me your # and I'll call you...?

Thanks to all, John in Eugene.....

How's Jareds status? I'd fly down to him if I could get out of work but it's a zoo right now. Someone has to be able to get to him. Which hubs does he have one the roo now? Maybe someone can get a set of used hubs to him to get him to the base.

Ken

Hey all.....

Got it fixed , back together, and Mobile....

Just got off the phone with him, as he was getting ready to get on the Freeway again.......

Thanks all, He'll post when he gets Home and a bit of Sleep.....

Later, John in Oregon......

He'll make it - and even if he's not on time it won't be the end of the world. I've been late comming back from leave - sure they will give him a rash of sh!z, but in the end there's really not a lot they can do. Slap on the wrist at the most. Glad to hear he's back on the road - I know his service to his country means a lot to him, and getting in a spot like that with your commander isn't a good way to start off comming back on from leave - but what's a soob lover to do? It's not like he can leave it sitting somewhere....

Best of luck Jared..

GD

Well, I can say this is how all military commanders would handle it, but as a past company commander, as long as he had called in and explained his situation, and didn't seem to take advantage of the situation, I would have done nothing. I might have welcomed him back and chatted about the problem he had, but no punishment.

I have not been on here for a long while; been sitting at a hospital in VA for a month with a needy 3 year old boy who developed pneumonia. Anyway I just got back, (he's recovering and will be ok), and felt this strong compulsion to check the board for the first time in a....long time. I'm just south of LA, and I have wheel bearings. I'd have driven up there in a flash to give them to you. I'm sorry I missed this. I hope everything worked out alright. I wish I could have helped.

11:30AM Friday

Jared (Rooinator) is in the mountians between Yuma and San Diego. He has blown a radiator hose, and it is being held together with duct tape. Has something else going wrong, but, when he called in the middle of the night, and woke me up, I can't remember.

RainbowRoo......Jared's Dad

... just spoke with him at 12:30pm. He is east of El Centro now, through the mountains but in and out of cell phone coverage. Should be easy into Yuma now, as he's past all the hills and just cruising through desert slowly. We have Santa Ana conditions now, and its warm 70-80 degrees.

I met with him last night midnight in Orange County. He has the rear diff making terrible noise. Seems it may have cleared up, but still tking it slow. He said he'l call when in Yuma.