Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

identifying tranny help and a few ?s

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oooo

oooo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • virginia

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hello

I found a dual range transmission here in the usa from a 1997 jdm 2.0 turbo legacy. Can anybody tell me what the gearing is. The trans ID says
64-ty752x1dca. Since its a turbo does it have 4.11 gearing or is it like the older 91 turbos that had like 3.7 or 3.9 gears. It comes with: tranny, linkages, drive shaft, rear diff and halfshafts. Is there anything else I need to get so it will just bolt right in. I have a 97 impreza. Is there any problems Im going to run into with using a jdm transmission in my usa impreza. Will it plug into my tranny harness and run of my tcu if the manual has one. Does the turbo use different axles in the tranny or the rear diff, like do turbos have a different spline count or are the axles different lengths or diameters. Also is a dual range tranny longer then a normal awd ej tranny. They don't have the center console, so I think I could just mod a ea82 console to work or just mod a regular impreza console.
Will this won't bolt right in?

Thanks in advance

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

Ej series all used the same bellhousings...

#3 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

You might find what you need here (from the USRM):
http://www.northursa...trannychart.pdf

#4 oooo

oooo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • virginia

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the link, I already had checked that but couldn't find one that matched up so I think the junkyard didn't give me the right one.

#5 Buick350X

Buick350X

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • NW Ohio

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

You must be careful if your trying to ID a tranny.
Looking for the Adama apple isn't enough. And the pants buldge isn't a sure thing or not. The only sure fire way is to crank the nuts. If you do have a tranny it won't like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users