Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Rubicon.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, i did some research on the '95 S10 and i know its rated to tow 5,500lbs.

I just know, at work we wouldnt even put a car dolly on a S10. For safety reasons.

Anyhow. When you get your stuff ready. Bring that 'yota down here!

same reason i know uhaul won't let you put a dolly on a topless jeep... somebody supposedly jumped out of a jeep, got ran over by the dolly tire and tried to sue uhaul. or so the story goes from uhaul when i needed to haul my car back to base and all i could borrow was my buddies jeep with a soft top. it's a liability issue to loan stuff out and someone overloads it, gets hurt or causes trouble. lame, but there's generally a reason for most all rules... :confused:

hopefully soon i'll get her together... but i'm not holding my breath yet for soon.

Edited by Rooinater, 01 October 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#27 harpua

harpua

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • nowhere, USA

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I say I have an hour's footage of video of us doing it. :)

I own a copy of that footage. They were there for sure. I think i have the ability to copy it if it is ok with Zap.

#28 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

Subaru Sober since 2010 :(

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

I'd rather get a copy from Zap. And ive seen pictures, so i dont doubt they were there. Just not where we went.

#29 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

you'd have to ask zap for a copy. if i remember correctly, they didn't go as far as the little and big sluices due to a jamboree that was starting.

#30 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

Subaru Sober since 2010 :(

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

Yeah we didn't even make it to the big sluice. We went in at Loon Lake and did 6.8 miles one way. Here's a map I made of the trail using some public GPS coord's: http://maps.google.c...9,0.077248&z=14

We camped at the Buck Island Damn and turned around there to come home.

#31 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,031 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

I'd rather get a copy from Zap. And ive seen pictures, so i dont doubt they were there. Just not where we went.

I've got a copy, you can borrow mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users