Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Poll: 86 GL Wagon or 92 Loyale Wagon???

kamikaz

I currently own a 92 Loyale 4x4 (pushbutton), I was about to put a SJR 4" lift on. Now I have a chance to buy an 86 GL wagon(isn't this considered an EA81?) w/dual-range 5 spd.,good condition that may be a better lift project. With all the knowledge & experience on this board, I figured I put up a poll to help me decide on which wagon to build.I don't know the pros & cons between the two cars. Which build would you do?

I currently own a 92 Loyale 4x4 (pushbutton), I was about to put a SJR 4" lift on. Now I have a chance to buy an 86 GL wagon(isn't this considered an EA81?) w/dual-range 5 spd.,good condition that may be a better lift project. With all the knowledge & experience on this board, I figured I put up a poll to help me decide on which wagon to build.I don't know the pros & cons between the two cars. Which build would you do?

what kind of shape is it in? If its in good shape then go with the 86 and if it has the same type of motor as your loyale than it is still an ea82 but if its a different body style its an ea81. Oh and if its an ea81 its a 4 spd tranny but you can....with a little work swap in a 5 spd...if it is an ea81!

The car runs smooth, has roughly 250K on it,it's a carbed motor(my Loyale is SPFI), it does have a D/R 5 spd. Some of the sub-frame is rotted & I don't know if there's enough good metal left to patch weld it. There's some rust around the wheel wells & the wndshield needs to be sealed (it's currently taped in). The more I think about it, I should just try to get the car for the tranny (which works fine). Anyone know what a working D/R 5 spd. w/ 250k on it is going for? Remember I'm the one who has to pull it! Or, if he doesn't want to part out the tranny, knowing what I've described about the car, what do you think would be a fair offer?

The car runs smooth, has roughly 250K on it,it's a carbed motor(my Loyale is SPFI), it does have a D/R 5 spd. Some of the sub-frame is rotted & I don't know if there's enough good metal left to patch weld it. There's some rust around the wheel wells & the wndshield needs to be sealed (it's currently taped in). The more I think about it, I should just try to get the car for the tranny (which works fine). Anyone know what a working D/R 5 spd. w/ 250k on it is going for? Remember I'm the one who has to pull it! Or, if he doesn't want to part out the tranny, knowing what I've described about the car, what do you think would be a fair offer?

Yeah sounds like parts to me! Too rusty, its hard to patch gthe frame rails so that they will last!:) But it is an ea82 car. I would put the tranny in your loyale but if you can get the whole car thats the way to go, that way you have any and all parts you would need when putting the d/r in your car. It isn't worth that much in that condition I paid 175 for a similar car but make an offer and see what he says.

I decided against buying the '86 GL wagon, too much frame rot. I did make him an offer of $200.00 for the car(pretty much scrap price) 'cause all I need is the D/R tranny. He said he think about. Meanwhle I'm gonna keep the Loyale & keep lookin' for a 5 spd. D/R tranny. Thanks for your help guys!!!

Ray:cool:

I decided against buying the '86 GL wagon, too much frame rot. I did make him an offer of $200.00 for the car(pretty much scrap price) 'cause all I need is the D/R tranny. He said he think about. Meanwhle I'm gonna keep the Loyale & keep lookin' for a 5 spd. D/R tranny. Thanks for your help guys!!!

Ray:cool:

No prob and good decision!